CCSB OBS Retro Build

7.3obs

Reaction score
:popcorn: Sub’d! You gotta run those tires and rims!! But that Dana 50 is going to hate them!

Denver

Reaction score
Tint looks tits. Only thing I don't like is the aluminum trim around the windshield. One of the biggest things I didn't like on my obs.

smcox1

Reaction score
Tint looks tits. Only thing I don't like is the aluminum trim around the windshield. One of the biggest things I didn't like on my obs.

Paint it black and it at least blends in. That's what I did with mine and it looks a lot better.

needen$77

Reaction score
The trim is signature. I dont understand the ptm, no emblems, no shine.... guess im just an 80's kid

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

earv_g0tti

Reaction score
I was hoping you went with those tail lights. I've always loved the look of them with that greenish blue paint. Did you get the matching frosted headlights or the clear chrome ones?
Clear chrome headlights

What axle set up are you going with? What’d you pay for the forces? Just curious because I’m almost doing the same thing. I’ve got an 06 rolling chassis, new clear lights for the front, picked up a 6” RCD lift kit for $200, and a set of 22x12 AF blades ss8’s for $1100 going with 37x13.50R22. Looking forward to seeing your progress. I’m hoping to start sometime in Feb. just saving up money for the front 2.5 pintop Kings.

Sorry to derail.....
I won’t be swapping the axle, gonna keep it on the OG leafs. That’s not bad for 22x12s, I’m in this setup pretty cheap tho. Only reason I bought em. I still wanna run nothing bigger than x16s

Is your grille an eBay special or a certain company?
Straight off eBay

Thanks. And it’s axrually brand new, I dig it. But chrome is also my favorite color

The trim is signature. I dont understand the ptm, no emblems, no shine.... guess im just an 80's kid

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I dig it too, definitely signature to the era

earv_g0tti

Reaction score
Well the headlights finally showed up
26850262_10213389950435923_8279479902811493886_o.jpg

27023546_10213389962076214_4046179574152251727_o.jpg

Put red LED bulbs in the clear tails.... and she did not like it. ABS light came on, tranny/TC acts crazy, and running lights don't work... did a little research, gonna try putting resistors in em and see if that fixes it. Hopefully I won't have to do it for the LEDs up front too though. Because it's running all LED turn signals & headlight bulbs

earv_g0tti

Reaction score
So what in the world made you get into a rattle trap?

I got tired of my 6.0. It never really gave me many problems, but when it started to give me any I got scared and bailed. Plus I've built all kinda new style stuff, i wanted to do something older again

next step will be the bodywork. Front bumper is coming off and getting color matched, mirrors will get some color (I really want to run new DMax tow mirrors because I can't see a darn thing out of these little mirrors, but I don't want to weld and do bodywork on the doors :( ) , and rollpan will go on.

Also I'm on the search for a tailgate with the "platinum" panel

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm looking at doing a similar set up up front with some subtle differences. But after seeing your picture, I had to download and save it for motivation. Really like the way that looks

5 oh

Reaction score
Resistors on the led bulbs in the rear will fix the shifting issues and same with the third brake light if you change that to led, you need a resistor as it will also affect the TC lockup

earv_g0tti

Reaction score
I'm looking at doing a similar set up up front with some subtle differences. But after seeing your picture, I had to download and save it for motivation. Really like the way that looks
Thanks, when it's all said and done it'll be much cleaner but I do like the way it looks so far.

Where did you get the headlights and l.e.d.s?
The headlights are just regular ol eBay lights, all the bulbs I order off Amazon as the chinese ones on eBay generally suck. I've been using the same LEDs in the last few vehicles and all have had pretty dark windshields and they are BRIGHT

Resistors on the led bulbs in the rear will fix the shifting issues and same with the third brake light if you change that to led, you need a resistor as it will also affect the TC lockup
Awesome, thanks! That's what I'm doing today

Strokersace

Reaction score
Looking good!

I'd recommend a carriage works grill though. Hands down the best looking billet grill for the OBS. It maintains the outer grille shell surround. So it matches the headlights.

My opinion only but that subtle change will complete your front end perfectly!

Strokersace

Reaction score
Looking good!

I'd recommend a carriage works grill though. Hands down the best looking billet grill for the OBS. It maintains the outer grille shell surround. So it matches the headlights.

My opinion only but that subtle change will complete your front end perfectly!
This is the grill I speak of...

001dfc1b7418d75afec4c1bfe496e193.jpg
aa4182764cabe07d170b5ed4bc385554.jpg