Best shallow mount sub

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I want to put a sub, maybe duals behind the seat in my CC.

I will mod the brackets for a little extra room but I do NOT want to do one off work.

I would like to use a JL or Alpine shallow mount sub. Price isn't too much of a concern but quality it paramount. Bone shaking depth isn't necessary. I had 2x10' Infinity Kappas but required a LOT of seat modding.

The 12 or 13 shallows should work fine. I'll use an Alpine digital M600 or M1200 to power the Subs.

I do have a PDX5 that is 4-ch stereo and 1 ch sub @ 250 rms IIRC.

Anyway, its a family wagon want something quality.
If you have any experience in shallow mounts, post your thoughts. A front console or underseat sub prolly won't work, HOWEVER if I can find a shallow mount box that would fit under the rear CC seat w/ my 1" seat mod I'd consider that.

Thanks!

Agjake11

Reaction score
Really think you might be looking for some stereo integrity subs. I have 2 of the bm mkiii's and had them behind the seats in my old cc. Fit was tight but no modifications required and the subs are super high quality and sound great in there.

They are doing pre-orders for the mkiv's right now

Zmann

Reaction score
I run a Rockford 12 shallow in a spl2k ported box and a 10 Sony regular depth in a non ported box

seat relocation wasn't something I would consider after looking at the methods available

if your not wanting to build anything this is a good place http://www.spl2k.com/boxworx.html he does more than the options show for some CC like dual 13's etc

jdc753

Reaction score
If budget really isn't a bit concern then like agjake said I would be going for the Stereo Intergrity BM MKiv or the JL Audio TW5

If you don't like those higher end ones I would simply grab a Pioneer shallow or two.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
my hearing sucks so I'd like to find something that has a really good response at a lower volume VS just "loud"

I'm not looking for elevated SPL I want quality. Would either the JL or SI perform well in that regard?

I'll either do a custom build or go w/ a premade sealed box if I can find one.

Agjake11

Reaction score
The si subs are all about SQ not spl. It's like having a good home theater sub in the truck where it's integrated into the sound etc when setup right. When I had just one in my f150 it was like you didn't know where it was exactly because it was made to not over power the audio.

http://stereointegrity.com/index.php?id=47

But good luck finding a mkiii unless some are selling them to pre order the mkiv's. it took me a while to find the second one.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
any more specs on the SI BM beside 400 watts? Is that rms or peak? And there is no efficiency info. I like how they dispute high eff #'s but I am curious.

jdc753

Reaction score
Really not too much available on it right now. Just the stuff from the website,

12" subwoofer
3.2" mounting depth*
10" diameter nomex spider
14mm Xmax
2.5" diameter, 8 layer copper voice coil
Dual 4 Ohm
450 watts power handling
Flat aluminum diaphragm
Custom tooling of virtually every part
10 ring neo magnet cluster
0.5-0.6 ft^3 sealed enclosure requirement

*Without mounting gasket, depth is 3.4"

http://stereointegrity.com/index.php?id=47

In the past Nick was fairly hesitant to release full T/S specs but ended up releasing them after getting some pressure on the forums. There was nothing by raves about the BM MKIII and the Mag V4 when they were out. Both were discontinued very quickly though. I have a mag V4 and love it, never got to listen to a BM though, really wanted to get 4 for the back wall of the truck, but never did it.

I actually put in a preorder for the BM MKiV to give it a try since I never got to try and previous version. Looking forward to messing around with car audio again in the near future.

jdc753

Reaction score
Awesome!!! glad that processor helped out. Very impressive the whole package for how little you have into it, and the sub packs a punch for such a small package too.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I am going to have to find a box to go behind the seat of my CC. I have 2 shallow mount kickers. Thinking about putting 1 back there and one in my car. Will a normal truck box fit behind the seat?

09 F250
05 F250
91 D250
13 VW TDI
08 BF650SRA

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I have no idea what a "normal" truck box is but I've heard of them. You'd have to measure the dimensions of the box and behind your seat. I do know trying to put a 10" Kappa Infinity required me to lift the rear seat and move it forward. IIRC I used 1x2 square tubing on my 02. I separated the factory brackets and welded in my spacers. It worked great and IMHO the rear seating was more comfortable.

Latest posts

Members online