Miller XMT304 with 24A feeder

hucorey

Reaction score
Can't wait until the weather breaks and start using this machine. Supposed to be here tomorrow. :thumbup::cool:

uploadfromtaptalk1394097428884.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1394097471634.jpg

hucorey

Reaction score
I absolutely love this machine. Put it to work already retro fitting a bunch upgrades to my wood haulin trailer.

First time using a Bernard Q gun. Love that too. I really like their idea on the quick change tips instead of the Tweco threaded tips.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Thats the cats ass. I have three of them in my shop... bulletproof setup. They will SMAW and TIG just as flawlessly as they MIG.

hucorey

Reaction score
I've got a Precision TIG for that. I really like the xmt for stick too when I'm doing sch160XX boiler pipe. So easy to dial in

ja_cain

Reaction score
You still enjoying the xmt? I want one of these as a higher amperage mig machine so I can do spray with it. What is the top end on single phase 240?

hucorey

Reaction score
It'll still push 400a but duty cycle is not 60% as it would be on 3ph. But 400a is a helluva lotta juice.

Best, most versatile machine I've ever owned. TIG welds nice too, but its scratch start. Wish it would do aluminum too, but its nice now having my Precision TIG dedicated to aluminum. No more swapping around.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I have a dynasty 200 and I'm trying to get my buddies syncro 350lx. Just get the spool gun and controller and you will be good to go for thicker aluminum jobs. I still want cc/cv power supply like the XMT so I can weld thick material at high deposition rates with a wire feeder. I see them used all of the time but I'm just not ready to pull the trigger. That's cool that you like yours. I recommend these all of the time for someone who wants a fairly portable multiple process machine.

hucorey

Reaction score
I've talked to a very reputable miller repair shop and he said stay away from the xmt 350's parts (PC boards specifically) are very expensive compared to the 304's.

I like that the 304's can handle the carbon arc'ing too.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I've talked to a very reputable miller repair shop and he said stay away from the xmt 350's parts (PC boards specifically) are very expensive compared to the 304's.

Thanks for the info! I have seen these on CL too but really don't need anything with that kind of output and duty cycle.

Latest posts

Members online