Pensacola diesel any good?

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I know back about 5-6 years ago or so they had a pretty bad rap in the 7.3 market for selling poor quality injectors and parts, came across an FICM power board from them on eBay that they say has a lifetime warranty, but a lifetime warranty isn't worth much to me if the part fails every 3-6 months...

superduty4x4

Reaction score
So why not stick with the known brands?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
New to this 6.0 game so I really have no idea who the go-to vendors are or aren't. I'm just looking at a replacement board for the FICM, not the entire unit to put those $ toward other stuff the truck needs, unless there is a compelling reason to not just replace the power board and rally on. Rudy's seems to get good reviews from folks, they also offer a replacement board with a 1 year warranty. I haven't been able to find much info on the subject here on the forums.

bismic

Reaction score
The FICM experiences a lot of logic board issues also.

IMO the best bet is FICMrepair.com (get yours upgraded). Not the cheapest, but they are good.

You get what you pay for in this case!

I wouldn't ever consider anything from Pensecola Diesel. Same goes for Dorman FICM components.

superduty4x4

Reaction score

IMO the best bet is FICMrepair.com (get yours upgraded). Not the cheapest, but they are good.

I wouldn't ever consider anything from Pensecola Diesel. Same goes for Dorman FICM components.
Kind of what I figured about Pensacola Diesel, thanks for the input.

79jasper

Reaction score

Yep yep yep.
NEVER buy anything from diesel care and performance either. Lol

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Yep yep yep.
NEVER buy anything from diesel care and performance either. Lol

Good to know that not all of my 7.3 knowledge is now useless! The more I fiddle around with this 6.0, the more I miss my 7.3... then I put the 6.0 on the highway at 70mph and I can only hear some light injector firing sounds and the tires humming on the pavement and I miss the 7.3 a little less.

Petro

Reaction score
Good to know that not all of my 7.3 knowledge is now useless! The more I fiddle around with this 6.0, the more I miss my 7.3... then I put the 6.0 on the highway at 70mph and I can only hear some light injector firing sounds and the tires humming on the pavement and I miss the 7.3 a little less.

The 6 leaker will grow on ya. They really aren't any harder to work on and they are generally alot cleaner when you do have too. The only time I really miss my 7.3, is when taking off with a bigger load. The off-idle torque of a 7.3 is hard to beat when the truck has a manual transmission. Other than that, I don't have any desire to go back.

Latest posts

Members online