96 mod setups?

brockshields38

Reaction score
Hey guys, so it’s getting around the time that I’m gonna have to change my injectors out (nearly 500k on my factory ones) and I’m looking to upgrade when I do. So I’m curious as to what size injectors, split shot or hybrid etc. What hpop to support them, and what turbo will compliment them the best. Currently just have a ts6 and a cold air and 4” turbo back (changing to a 5” with 4” dp) also any other mods that I should look into doing before going to make all this power (hoping to have torque between 900-1100)
Thanks in advance for the help!
Truck is a 96, with zf5

psduser1

Reaction score
Keep the exhaust you have.
Keep your hpop.
238/80 injectors.
Borgwarner sxe series turbo and mount.
Money saved on the exhaust and hpop will do the necessary fuel system mods (e-fuel) with an electric pump. 400ish hp pretty easily, assuming, of course, the lower end is in reasonable condition i.e. decent compression. At 500k, it'll be worth spending some time verifying the base engine condition first.

brockshields38

Reaction score
So you’re saying keep my oem hpop? It won’t be too stressed out after putting the bigger injectors in and just take a crap after two weeks?

mandkole

Reaction score
At 500K, this motor has its best days behind it. While injectors are easy to stab in , x2 on doing the basic health checks.

On the other hand, just send it... :thumbsup:

Psdusers list is fine, Id add a good clutch to that also.

superpsd

Reaction score
Going to need a good clutch to hold 1000 ft lbs. A 4" downpipe will not fit an OBS without firewall modification and is not exactly necessary. The cylinder preasure to make 1000ft lbs (roughly 500hp) will likely need studs and springs for insurance purposes. You going to want hybrids to break 500hp.

Latest posts

Members online