Mishimoto rad. Differances

Buellstunter

Reaction score
I’m in need of a radiator. Looking at the mishimoto radiator for all rig welded 1 piece construction. Online I find 2 different part numbers for the 03-07 trucks. And MMRAD-FD2-03 and an MMRAD-FD2-60. Anyone know what the difference between the 2 is. Size wise they are the same so not sure if I’m missing something or not. Thanks in advance

mstng5point0

Reaction score
I know there is a version 1 and version 2 from Mishimoto. They told me the V1 was sized off the smallest version of a 6.0 radiator from ford. This on is undersized and some trucks run hot with it. The V2 is i think 30% larger. I have the V1 and my truck runs warmer than stock but not too hot. I would not buy a V1 again knowing this. I don't know whichpart number goes with which radiator tho.

C12h23

Reaction score
I have the v1 and it works fine in my 2006, the fins are coming apart after two years though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

Wanted to firstly give a huge thank you to mstng5point0 for the reply. He is pretty much spot on :). MMRAD-FD2-03 is our original variant of the 6.0L powerstroke radiator. The MMRAD-F2D-60 was created as some customers reported overheating during severe towing situations. This unit has a larger, built-in transmission cooler, a thicker core, and additional coolant capacity. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us directly and our customer service team would be happy to help out!

[email protected] or 302.762.4501.

Thanks
-Jake

1fastTRX

Reaction score
I had the V1 (MMRAD-F2D-03) and my truck would run hot when towing (would overheat when ambient temps were +90's). Mishimoto was good about the warranty and and swapped it for the newer MMRAD-F2D-60. Core is almost 1/2" thicker than stock. I did a bunch of other maintenance items during the swap and the truck still overheated (heavy load and ambient temps in the 100's). I ended up pulling the radiator and got one from Performance. Truck runs cooler now compared to comparable scenarios when I was running the mishimoto.

It did just fine when I wasn't towing, but that didn't cut it for me since I needed it to tow

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Short Bus

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

Wanted to firstly give a huge thank you to mstng5point0 for the reply. He is pretty much spot on :). MMRAD-FD2-03 is our original variant of the 6.0L powerstroke radiator. The MMRAD-F2D-60 was created as some customers reported overheating during severe towing situations. This unit has a larger, built-in transmission cooler, a thicker core, and additional coolant capacity. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us directly and our customer service team would be happy to help out!

[email protected] or 302.762.4501.

Thanks
-Jake

man i wish id have known the difference. I had a mishi 2 summers ago and it overheated worse than stock radiator when towing really heavy. I'll be sure to pick up the larger one this spring!

Denver

Reaction score
I would stick to the OEM radiator. If you are overheating on a stock radiator you got problems somewhere else. I seen feedback on the mishimoto radiators creating a 20* and greater spread between coolant and oil temp.

Gary

Reaction score
IIRC, there are two different size lower hoses on 03-07 truck, I think F250 had a smaller outlet for the bottom hose vs F350-F550

Towerguy

Reaction score
I think the 2 different lower rad hoses you are referring to has to do with the difference between the 2-wheel drive and 4-wheel drive chassis. I'm thinking there is a hose for the Twin I-Beam suspension and another for the moonbeam suspension.

Jtreece

Reaction score
Id stay with OEM rad. mine has a mishi in it and it runs hotter 210 ect and 214 eot, we just did a mishi swap on a buddies truck because he wanted one, ran consistently 10 degrees hotter after the swap. just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.