2015 PSD BD S364.5 kit

2015BDstroke

Reaction score
So guys I popped the rings in my stock gt37 turbo because apparently over boosting is bad lol. I ordered the BD Diesel S364.5sxe kit which should be all installed next week. Kit includes intake manifold,exhaust manifold new cold air intake and all the piping. My question here is should I see a decent power difference between stock to this one. I’m keeping stock fuel for now and I will have custom tunes for the non-vgt setup. Also I know this doesn’t really matter but is there a different sound from this turbo. I really hated the way the stock 2015 turbo sounded.

ckrueg

Reaction score
It should sound very different from the stock turbo because it's non-VGT. I'm not sure on the power but I think it should make a little more power than stock, but it will have some more lag so you will loose a little on the low end.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2015BDstroke

Reaction score
It should sound very different from the stock turbo because it's non-VGT. I'm not sure on the power but I think it should make a little more power than stock, but it will have some more lag so you will loose a little on the low end.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sweet. And I was expecting a little more lag which is ok with me. I guess I’ll find out for sure in about a week.

doo dah

Reaction score
I have a 63mm non vgt and have more HP than stock for sure. Tuning makes a big difference but you can't tune out the lag. At times it makes driving in traffic a pain because of the low boost. It is fun when the boost comes on! I tow a bunch in hilly very narrow roads that require speeds from 40 to 10 to 40 mph and it lugs big time with the trailer at even less than 7k pounds. Not a bad thing but don't expect the truck to drive the same especially with a 64.5. The sound is killer.

20156point7

Reaction score
So guys I popped the rings in my stock gt37 turbo because apparently over boosting is bad lol. I ordered the BD Diesel S364.5sxe kit which should be all installed next week. Kit includes intake manifold,exhaust manifold new cold air intake and all the piping. My question here is should I see a decent power difference between stock to this one. I’m keeping stock fuel for now and I will have custom tunes for the non-vgt setup. Also I know this doesn’t really matter but is there a different sound from this turbo. I really hated the way the stock 2015 turbo sounded.
How many miles did your rig have when the turbo went? did the seals go out?

2015BDstroke

Reaction score
Sorry I took so long to reply. I have 57xxx miles. Yeah The seals on both sides blew. Compressor and exhaust. It was more than likely my fault I guess. I was hauling 25,000 pounds between the trailer and the concrete poles. It overboosted hard going up a small hill. I thought I let off in time to save but that was not the case. By the way I hate the PIP tuning I have. It’ll be gone this week though.

20156point7

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure my seals are bad too. My truck will smoke white bad after wot. It smells just like oil. It has been doing it for about a year. I’m gonna run it till she blows. The funny thing is I ran pip tuning for a few years and on a couple of the tunes I would regularly see 42 psi of boost, that’s where the carnage was done too mine in my opinion. Get gh/ Alberta speed tunes from no limit and you will be much happier.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I'm running the MPD 364.5 SXE on my '13 with stock fuel but have a '15 pump ready to go in. Truck runs flat out awesome. Power is smooth and it's not too smokey on the low end. Really loving the setup. Anyone interested in one of these kits PM me for a price.

2015BDstroke

Reaction score
Well I should have my truck back by Tuesday so I’ll let everyone know how it turned out. White smoke at WOT was also what I was getting though at times it would do it idleing. The shop that I use is called Twin Diesel performance here in Florida. They are good friends of mine and great diesel mechanics. They are having custom non vgt tunes made for my truck. I think I’m gonna rebuild my stock turbo and sell all my stock stuff to someone with a 11-14 wanting to do a 15 turbo swap.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We have been doing a lot of 2011-2017 turbo testing and have learned a lot. When it comes to the vgt vs non-vgt there is a pretty big measurable difference when it comes to peak power.

Stock 2011 turbos will make peak tq around 1800rpms
Stock 2011 turbos will make peak tq around 2000rpms
Modified vgt turbos will make peak tq around 2300rpms
We had a s364.5 on the dyno and it made peak tq around 2700rpms

So each one did move up the power in the power band on the bottom end and top end. But jumping from a stock 2011 or 2015 turbo to non-vgt is definitely going to spool slower by a couple hundred rpms at least. The stock 2011 and 2015 turbos tend to "fall off" in the mid range. Where the non-vgt just keeps pulling up to redline.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Is the modified VGT stuff in reference to stock turbine and/or factory compressor exducer diameter? Tossing all modified VGT's into one group seems to be rather generalized with a ton of variables not going into consideration.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Is the modified VGT stuff in reference to stock turbine and/or factory compressor exducer diameter? Tossing all modified VGT's into one group seems to be rather generalized with a ton of variables not going into consideration.

Just generalized... there are a ton of different modified vgts on the market. Info was for general reference rather exact data and breaking down each individual option (which I don't have data on anyways). Keeping a stock turbine helps keep the peak tq lower in the rpms, but still moves it up past 2000. With a bigger turbine I have seen it go up higher than 2300-2400 and I am sure there have been a couple of laggy designs released that would spool slower than non-vgt, but that is not what this post was about.

Feel free to post up any more data that you have on the subject or clarify anything. I am all ears... We have been testing a lot of 6.7 turbo options recently but I won't be able to test them all. Just sharing the knowledge we have gained.

2015BDstroke

Reaction score
Thanks for the info man. I’m not horribly worried about the lag. When I tow it’s pretty much flat ground anymore. Plus I’d like have the extra pull in the higher rpms. I could definitely tell when my stock turbo would basically fall on its face. That being said if all goes well I should have it back Friday. Apparently ford charged the metal they use on their exhaust manifolds studs so they were on national back order because ford didn’t have enough produced before they released them.

2015BDstroke

Reaction score
Ok guys I’ve been driving the truck since Tuesday now and it’s ****in awesome. The power increase was fairly substantial. It pulls so hard and consistent now it’s crazy. Got it on a mobile dyno today and it ran 595 hp at 913 tq. That was the best pull and actually ended up doing a burnout on the dyno at peak boost twice including the best run. The guy is supposed to email me the dyno sheet in a couple days.

Latest posts

Members online