1% WMO in the 6.0?

F357

Reaction score
You're going to think I'm crazy, but I'm going to ask anyway. They used to make this kit for Cummins engines, that would automatically mix a small amount of your crankcase oil with your diesel fuel. Then, add the same amount of fresh oil back into the engine. This way you don't have to change the oil. I believe they stopped selling this due to EPA restrictions.
https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/qsol/products/newparts/centinel.html

I'm wondering if I can't make something like that for my 6.0? I could inject a metered amount of crankcase oil into the fuel tank at every fill up. If I mixed just 1%, that would be 1.5 quarts per tank. If a tank lasts me 600 miles then I would burn 15 quarts of oil for every 6000 miles I drive. I could send away oil samples to see how long it would last.

Just wondering what effect 1% WMO would have on the 6.0? I wouldn't burn WMO from an unknown source, but oil directly out of my own engine? It was just working fine on the other side of the injector so it doesn't seem like it would be that bad. I'm wondering if it might even be beneficial, like adding 2 stroke oil. Is there anybody here running WMO in a 6.0?

Latest posts

Members online