Buying an XLT and upgrading things ????

FordGuy

Reaction score
I can get a smoking deal on an XLT. It is the right color (white), very clean, low miles. The truck I want, except it is an XLT. I don't want a sunroof, so I'm not sold on a Lariat anyway.

What can one upgrade on these trucks, plug and play, without too much trouble, with parts from a wrecker ? I'm really good with electronics.

The XLT climate control isn't automatic. Can I convert it to the dual zone automatic control ?

It has the backup camera, but not the reverse backup sensors. Can that system be added ?

I think I'm OK with the head unit. All I use it for is the radio... everything else I do with a tablet. I'd probably upgrade it with an amp and better speakers, but I'd do that with any truck I buy.

It has the upfitter switches.

Can the headlights be upgraded to LED ?

It has power door locks, but not the outside keypad. Can that be added ? Dealer accessory ?

Can the power rear sliding window be added ?

Is the driver info center the same for an XLT versus a Lariat ? Can it be upgraded ?

Thanks

FordGuy

Reaction score
It turns out this truck has the backup sensors, so I don't need to upgrade them.

I'm guessing the dual zone climate system uses a different HVAC box and controller under the dash ?

Latest posts

Members online