P04DA

JTS

Reaction score
Sorry for any spelling errors, im posting from my phone.

Got the truck back on the road on the 4th of july holiday. Put a little over 1k trouble free miles on it until this morning. Went to hook up a trailer and when i started the truck and pit it in gear it was very delayed to rev up. Tried to take it for a drive and it woulsnt shift out of 1st gear and had no power. No messages on dash and no CEL. Grabbed my scanner and pulled codes and it had a P04DA "closed loop EGR control at limit- flow too high"

Googled the code, didn't come up with much. Found a youtube video where a guy was saying to check of the air filter is sucked up into the intake tube. Checked it, and it's fine. It's a weak old motorcraft filter.

Did more googling and found guys having this code along with MAF codes. Thought what the hell ill try unplugging the MAF and see what happens. Until now every time i cleared the P04DA it came right back when i would start the truck. Now with the MAF unplugged the P04DA is not coming back and the trck runs fine but obviously now I'm getting codes for the MAF and IAT.

Was going to pull and inspect the EGR valve but had stuff to get done. Gonna try that tomorrow.

Everything I've read online says to check for restricted air flow. My intake is fine and the throttle valve was open when i pulled the charge air tube off.

Looking for other ideas on what to check.

Latest posts

Members online