Howdy

961tonoilburner

Reaction score
Hey yinz,

Name's Eric. Originally from the 'burg but now live in the Phoenix area. I do all of my own wrenching although I don't work in the field.

My pickup is a late 96 F350. CCLB, 4X4, 7.3/ZF5/4.10s. I am the second owner. Bought the truck completely stock 107k miles, currently has 118k.

Current mods:
Tymar intake, 3"DP/4" straight pipe/5" tip, Pillar gauges (egt & boost).

Future engine plans:
WW2, 1.0A/r turbo compressor housing, TS chip with canned tunes (initially), Banks intercooler kit, Adrenaline or terminator HPOP, Efuel system, Non-EBPV turbo pedestal with 66mm direct bolt in turbo, 160/30 injectors with custom tunes, ARP head studs.

Future plans (other):
Rear disc conversion, EBC brake pads/drilled & slotted rotors, South Bend clutch, Mag-hytec diff covers & Detroit lockers in front and rear axles, 18x9 centerline grizzly hd wheels on 35x12.5r18 BFG AT KO2s.

Goals for this rig:
-375hp/750lbft to the wheels
-excellent reliability
-18mpg
-ability to tow 15k like it isn't there

Jomax

Reaction score
Welcome! Nice rig! To tow 15k like it isn't there you'll need quite a bit more HP. I'm at 580hp and I'm just about there lol.

It'll still tow well though! I'd add valve springs and maybe pushrods to the list. Head studs aren't needed. But it never hurts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Welcome man! Lots of guys here who actually know their ass from a hole in the ground. Youll get lots of good info.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Welcome. Couple suggestions from me. Step up your injector size some more. Like jomax said, you'll need almost 600hp to not feel 15k lbs. you'll probably blow a stock forged rod motor using it that heavy but something bigger will definitely help you a bit more. Should be able to go up to around 500 on the stock motor though. 175/80 injectors could put you around 400-450 so a little bigger than that on a supporting turbo would work great for you. Not sure where a 200/100 would put you at but probably right where you want to be and be remote tuned fairly easily. Some tuners have had a difficult time tuning the 200% nozzles remotely. I believe KC turbos will be releasing a rebuildable drop in equivalent to the 38r for the obs trucks. That should be relatively soon. A t-4 setup would also benefit you to get to 500hp. Also for your electric fuel system, Quite a few guys have been using the 6.7 power stroke frame rail pump with good results, it also acts as a prefilter so you can get rid of the junk filter in the tank. For a chip, a lot of us on here still run the ts chips but a lot also run the hydra chip for ease of use. Having tunes emailed is a lot simpler than having to ship the chip out and waiting for it to come back.

961tonoilburner

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome and insight. Definitely appreciate the feedback. I have been tackling about one project a month since getting the truck. How do I post pictures? I feel that in in order since I'm new here.

961tonoilburner

Reaction score
I believe I've attached a few photos

Attachments

• IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1817.jpg
    IMG_1817.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 83

961tonoilburner

Reaction score
Lets forget I mentioned towing 15k like it is not there. Is it reasonable to believe that I can get to 375/750 without drastically compromising the reliability or mpg?

I checked out KC turbos. Definitely going that route instead of WW2 and smaller compressor housing. They're local which is a plus too.

Thanks

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Lets forget I mentioned towing 15k like it is not there. Is it reasonable to believe that I can get to 375/750 without drastically compromising the reliability or mpg?

I checked out KC turbos. Definitely going that route instead of WW2 and smaller compressor housing. They're local which is a plus too.

Thanks

You wont be disappointed by going with any of Charlies stuff. Hes a great guy to deal with, and will take time to answer any of your questions. I have spoken with him for hours on end before about turbo stuff.

961tonoilburner

Reaction score
Would I benefit from an E-fuel conversion if planning on going to 160/30 injectors? I was quoted ~$3000 to have it done at strictly diesel. Normally, I do my own work but they designed the kit I want to run and are local (Phoenix area). Is it worth the money? Still planning the KC rebuildable turbo and the other mods I listed minus the head studs. Thanks!

Eric

sootie

Reaction score
Would I benefit from an E-fuel conversion if planning on going to 160/30 injectors? I was quoted ~$3000 to have it done at strictly diesel. Normally, I do my own work but they designed the kit I want to run and are local (Phoenix area). Is it worth the money? Still planning the KC rebuildable turbo and the other mods I listed minus the head studs. Thanks!

Eric

There is everything to benefit with e-fuel...even on a stock truck. Plus Dennis is good peeps!

psduser1

Reaction score

Eric

At 3k for e-fuel, a set of injectors, and tuning, I wouldn't think twice. A 30% nozzle should get you right in the ballpark of 350-375 up. Plenty to drag 15k, lol.

961tonoilburner

Reaction score
updated photos

had my b & c pillar grab holes welded shut and repainted. also had my passenger bedside repaired and repainted. new wheels (pro comp) & tires (35x12.5r18)

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 47
  • pass fender.jpg
    pass fender.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 43
  • drivers fender.jpg
    drivers fender.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 45
  • drivers quarter.jpg
    drivers quarter.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 38
  • pass quarter.jpg
    pass quarter.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 46

961tonoilburner

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment. I am planning on doing a banks intercooler and e-fuel system next. I do not tow frequently but when i did, the EGT's (keeping it under 1200) limited me to about 55mph when pulling some grades between Phoenix and Victorville, CA. I was towing a 16' dual axle dovetail with a Plymouth Barracuda roller, complete drive train, several sets of doors, hoods etc. and mess of tools.

Latest posts

Members online