No power brand new batteries

Polandff929

Reaction score
Ok I just lost electrical power to my entire truck no headlights interior lights no crank or start im lost just dropped in two brand new batteries I can run a jumper wire to the red and yellow wire on the headlight switch connector and get power from positive side of batteries but not if it's not connected I've been trying to fix for 3 days

Polandff929

Reaction score
Everything is tight
I turned the key on had power rolled window down unlocked the doors turned off key and then few hours later went to roll everything up and have no power

Polandff929

Reaction score
No I don't have power to either fuse box unless I run jumper wire from positive terminal to the red and yellow wire in the headlight switch connector

Bugman

Reaction score
Time to get a volt/ohm meter out and start testing connections.

Perhaps you blew the fuseable link that feeds the under hood fuse box.

Polandff929

Reaction score
I have power at the alt power at the starter selinoid power at the glow plug relay nothing at the distribution box or fuse box under the dash

Bugman

Reaction score
There should be two 12ga yellow wires coming off of the fender mounted solenoid and headed down. Just past the connection you should see a label on them that says 12ga fusable link. These are what feed the power distribution box under the hood.

Polandff929

Reaction score
Ok thank you I checked them they look good however I noticed a thick black with orange stripe wire that was corroded through under the distribution box I pulled the distribution box out along with the harness so I could fix some stuff on it

Bugman

Reaction score
It is just a matter of testing and testing some more.

The wire comes off of the fender mounted solenoid and goes to the power distribution box. If there is no power at the power distribution box then there is a problem between the two points.

Polandff929

Reaction score
So would my under dash harness effect anything I put the harness back under the dash I have to figure out how to hook the selinoid back up on the fire wall

Bugman

Reaction score
The harness under the dash has nothing to do with no power in the under hood power distribution box.

What solenoid on the firewall? Or are you talking about the fender mounted on above the passenger side wheel well?

Polandff929

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the help I installed theunder hood wiring harness yesterday and hooked the fender solenoid back up dropped in the batteries and electric problem is fixed I appreciate all the advice

Latest posts

Members online