500hp stock turbo and injectors

Mudboyzach

Reaction score
Trying to make the impossible possible. I have an 04 f250 ccsb 4x4 dynoed at 473-475 hp and 850-856 ftlbs. Trying to make 500rwhp. Mods sct ts srl with egt probe, blue spring, coolent filter, rebuild 48v ficm atlas 40, traction bars, 4in down pipe to 5 in exhaust. Trying to think of what to do next to get me there. Thought about cold air intake but everyone say the flow enough air to 500hp but I'm close to it also a maybe a fuel return regulator system or air dog 2? What y'all think? Also not studded wait on the gaskets to go and turbo is sticking going to take it out and clean it and put the egr ****** in then with new up pipe. Is there anything I could do to the turbo while it's out?

Last edited:

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
If you're wanting 500. I'd get a regulated return, I like Driven's setup. Stay away from an Airdog, unless you like changing pumps on the side of the road and in parking lots. I pulled my Airdog 2 off and switched to an A1000 and love it. While you have you turbo out get a hold of Charlie at CK turbos and have him open it up. Going with his 64mm should get you there. I'm running his 68mm and he is an amazing person to work with. He is more than willing to answer and questions you have and he builds a top notch product. Obviously studs and custom tunes are a must. I'm running ********s and have been really happy. When you get your heads done make sure to have them decked and checked for cracks. Injectors will get you over 500 easy, but in my opinion for reliability nothing tops factory injectors. This is all just my $.02.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The stock turbo is definitely out of usable air at the point you're at, and I think you should run some track times to verify that power. A stock turbo/stock injector truck with PCM tuning and FICM tuning should be around ~450rwhp. Max.

You could spray the hell out of it and hope for the best, but drive pressure will probably be through the roof and you probably don't have much fuel to clean up as it is.

I managed 495rwhp with stock sticks, and the S362fmw, but I don't have track times to back it up either, just comparisons of other trucks that ran that day.

Chatham036

Reaction score
503 rwhp here when I had stock injectors. I added water/meth

I would suggest nitrous at this point though

Reaction score
503 rwhp here when I had stock injectors. I added water/meth

I would suggest nitrous at this point though

Nitrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What they said.

Or go full hillbilly and do the nitrous with the propane. But you will be able to buy lots of injectors and turbos for all the stuff you will most likely break.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Without trying to sound negative... without using nitrous, w/m, propane, etc... the easiest way to break 500hp on stock injectors and stock turbo will be to find a high reading dyno and run it at 100% load. Or just make the truck downshift on the dyno. Most trucks on stock turbo and injectors come in around 400-430hp to the wheels at the track.

Even with all the mods in the world... stock injectors dont hit 500hp. At least not that anyone has backed up at the track. I have seen a couple high reading dynos, shift spikes, and random dyno spikes break into the 500hp range. I have even seen CRAZY high dyno's read 550-600hp on stock injectors. But when all those guys finally hit up the track they end up right around 450-475hp

Once again I am not trying to bust your bubble. Just being honest. It is much easier to do a small turbo/injector upgrade.

Mudboyzach

Reaction score
When I had the truck dyno it down shifted one time and make 669hp and 1038ftlbs. Ive thought about putting a return system on it just wanted to hear what others say. I ain't had the truck on the track but going down the road and if it hooks it's moves. Also thought about water/meth just heard bad things about it on a dd. My goal is to put 64-68mm turbo and 190s injectors with 30%-75% nozzles build trans with low stall converter. Id like to have a fun street truck on a hot custom tune and tow rig with tuning to help the egts

Corys6.0

Reaction score
OP who tuned your truck? You have more balls than me making that power unstudded lol. I'm scared to death to do any mods untill she is bulletproofed.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Driven diesel regulated return isn't bad. Concerning air dog 2, that is the reason my truck has been on a gooseneck a couple times. I would suggest fuel lab or a1000. I've heard good things about the new air dog pumps but who knows.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Even with all the mods in the world... stock injectors dont hit 500hp. At least not that anyone has backed up at the track. I have seen a couple high reading dynos, shift spikes, and random dyno spikes break into the 500hp range. I have even seen CRAZY high dyno's read 550-600hp on stock injectors. But when all those guys finally hit up the track they end up right around 450-475hp

I really should put mine down the track just to see. FWIW, there was another 6.0 dynoing the same day as me. He was tune only, with 40" tires and did 350rwhp. That's really all I had for comparison.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Without trying to sound negative... without using nitrous, w/m, propane, etc... the easiest way to break 500hp on stock injectors and stock turbo will be to find a high reading dyno and run it at 100% load. Or just make the truck downshift on the dyno. Most trucks on stock turbo and injectors come in around 400-430hp to the wheels at the track.

Once again I am not trying to bust your bubble. Just being honest. It is much easier to do a small turbo/injector upgrade.

This. Don't see a stock injector truck doing over 500. Don't think any have even come close on the track.

Spray it or upgrade it(turbo/injectors)

Corys6.0

Reaction score
******** running srl

I see a lot of people running his tunes.....how much power does that tune pick the truck up? On his website of I am reading it right looks like the truck makes 380-720 on SRL tune stock injectors exhaust only. Sound right?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online