New wheels, I think I'm disappointed...

Ross3031

Reaction score
Bought 18x10 Moto Metals and had them powder coated. I thought i was gonna love them but im pretty sure i was wrong

Your guys opinions?

Most recent pic with stock wheels
20160620_185627.jpg

20160620_073321.jpg

New Moto Metals
20160625_080505.jpg

20160628_224637.jpg

Not sure if the pics do it justice but it lost something. Higher stance, work truck look, something, I cant put my finger on it. I think im gonna go back to stock wheels though

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Can only tell a little difference in rim style from these pictures, but my first thought is you have a really nice truck either before or after.
second thought is based on these pictures I would not be satisfied with my money spent as they look so much alike...

In for better pictures tho.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1BD9D7

Reaction score
I think the problem is we only see 20s, 22s, and 24s on these trucks so the aftermarket 18s look very small. I agree the factory wheels kinda looked better but I'm not sure why. I can't tell if you used the same tires and swapped them over, but it looks like the tread width is wider on the oem wheels. The aftermarket wheels look like a narrower tread width, especially compared to those tires in the very first pic they look huge.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Can only tell a little difference in rim style from these pictures, but my first thought is you have a really nice truck either before or after.
second thought is based on these pictures I would not be satisfied with my money spent as they look so much alike...

In for better pictures tho.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
WHS

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ross3031

Reaction score
Same 36" Toyo M/T's. I think that's what it is though, they look smaller on the 10 wide wheels, I can't go bigger though because they rub already. I don't think it gives off the same aggressive look now

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
I like the newer ones as well, have you ever consider buying "Harley" style headlights and paint matching the front bumper and mirror caps, it wouldn't cost you much and it would make a huge difference in appearance.

No Harley style for 11+

smcox1

Reaction score
Fleabay there are plenty...

But technically they aren't "Harley style" because a Harley was never made.
IMO that was a waste of money they look just as bland and boring as the stock wheels. Something with some machined accents would've looked sharp. Or if you powdered them the same color as the truck they might look really sharp.

Jomax

Reaction score
Newer look for sure. The lips on the rims makes it look so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross3031

Reaction score
Thanks for the input fellas

And yes i have a bumper sitting in the shop for it, I think I've decided on black for it. As for headlights, I know exactly what I want for a custom set from plain-n-simple I just haven't brought myself to pay that price yet, I haven't found any direct replacement one's that I like at all. I have color matched door handles ready to go on but I think I'm sticking with black mirrors

Latest posts

Members online