should I build it ?

loki

Reaction score
I'm debating building my truck up was wondering what I should go with and thoughts on if the truck is worth it here is what I'm debating on

-Truck has 190k mile is it even worth building ?
-s467 single or new compounds
- 30% nozzles or injectors
-dragon fire hpfp or duels
-what kind of intercooler

What's already done
-Intercooler tubes
-cold air intake
-built tranny
-egr, ***, straight piped

Stuff that will get done while I'm there
-new head gaskets
-head studs
-Fass fuel system

Anything else ? Any imput is appreciated

1BD9D7

Reaction score
It is a 6.4? It's hard to say if it would be worth it or not, but it's more about how good of shape it's in than the miles. For me it would be almost impossible to spend $10-15k in mods on a truck that's beginning to rust out, but if the truck looks nice and appears that it's under 100k then who cares what the actual miles are

stroker221

Reaction score
When you do any sort of modifications, its only worth what someone will pay for it.
Most likely you'll never get that money back. If you plan to keep it. Then you have to decide if its worth it to you. With that said, if you do it then at the bare minimum get at least a new set of rockers.

loki

Reaction score
OK I realized I worded my post wrong sorry about that I'm looking for imput on all the stuff I'm debating single vs new compounds and all that other stuff thanks in advance

Last edited:

Lipka101

Reaction score
Go with a set of drop in compounds. I don't understand why people take a step back and go with a single. Cost stays low and the driveavblilty is not sacrificed. Can you do the work yourself? Do you want to take the risk of going thru your fuel system again if the dragonfire pump fails?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

loki

Reaction score
Are the dragon fires prone to fail ? And yes I can do work my self
Do you lose a lot of drive ability with single

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If you are buikding it i would also throw a set of pistons in so you dont have a real bad time later...

NY_Mott

Reaction score
New rockers, push rods, springs, magnafluxed and decked.. At least with that many miles.
190k miles and throwing out the build topic without these items taken care of is pointless.
OK I realized I worded my post wrong sorry about that I'm looking for imput on all the stuff I'm debating single vs new compounds and all that other stuff thanks in advance
Single vs compound is a long debate and with many threads id suggest searching for them..
To add on to that it seems your not that familiar with what this platform needs to be reliable and withstand some good power and i think you should read more build threads and others in relation to reliability.
Are the dragon fires prone to fail ? And yes I can do work my self
Do you lose a lot of drive ability with single
Again more research.
Go with a set of drop in compounds. I don't understand why people take a step back and go with a single. Cost stays low and the driveavblilty is not sacrificed. Can you do the work yourself? Do you want to take the risk of going thru your fuel system again if the dragonfire pump fails?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Agreed on the drop in compounds..
If you are buikding it i would also throw a set of pistons in so you dont have a real bad time later...
This is excatly what i ment by what i said above, from the info you have given us it appears your truck has been solid for many miles. But pistions and top end work should be taken care of if your talking BUILD IMO.
thats alot of miles on a 6.4 to start building for performance
Agreed, depending on budget id do a rebuild and address all the common failures and reliability issues to make it as reliable as possible. Then if money still remaining id go fuel and turbo.

I wish you luck, it all adds up quick.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

loki

Reaction score
Thank you for the info sounds like I'm better off selling my truck and buying one built by someone smarter then me lol

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Thank you for the info sounds like I'm better off selling my truck and buying one built by someone smarter then me lol
By no means am i trying to say that... just that theres a lot of research that goes into a build and doing it right the first time if possible can make all the difference.
Some of the things you said made it seem to me more research will help you in your decisions.
If iv misunderstood my bad, but if the trucks clean and your looking to keep it for a good amount of time and its wort it to you to drop the coin into it rhen by all means go for it.
Im a fan of all who keep rhe 6.4 alive. Haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

loki

Reaction score
Oh it's not just your post it's all the post sounds like I would have to rebuild the engine in order to do the amount of modding I want so It makes more sense to buy a truck that already has some if not all of that stuff done and go from there

Latest posts

Members online