Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > The Bunker > Mess Hall

Old 11-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCorr View Post
Unless you had some heat on the burger meaning the tzatziki would cool the pie hole.

Maybe a thin burger cooked on a flat iron that could be crisped up nice. Then get some tandoor spices and make the burger some accompanying flavors and.serve it on naan or falafel.
Sounds great! Going to do some einkorn naan sometime in the future.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Just looked up the tzatziki an I think I remember that on the gyros (sp?) I used to buy on the streets whenever we ported in Greece. I loved the sauce and the gyros. Probably my favorite street food while being deployed. Now I need to make me some naan.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:54 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja_cain View Post
Just looked up the tzatziki an I think I remember that on the gyros (sp?) I used to buy on the streets whenever we ported in Greece. I loved the sauce and the gyros. Probably my favorite street food while being deployed. Now I need to make me some naan.
Yes it is Greek ketchup! Ha ha....that stuff is actually insanely good for you.

Heres another you HAVE to try!

Get some fresh tuna steaks. Specify an inch thick!

Mix 2tbsp of oil(I use evoo because we have it) and 1tbsp of lime juice. Brush the sides and edges of the steaks. Then on a small plate mix white and black sesame seeds. Roll the edge of each steak in seeds.until.coated. Get a grill screaming hot and sear both sides of the tuna. Once the meat will lift, isnt stuck, flip immediately! We're going for an jntense sear and equally intense red interior. Remove. Rest time.

Either prepare or purchase cabbage and carrots mixed in a fine shred. Offer pickled ginger. Also warm hoisin sauce for drizzle or dip.

Lastly, you'll need a vehicle for the accoutrements. I like to either serve as an hoers d'oeuvres with freshly, flash fried wonton triangles(think using as a cracker for salami and.cheese) or in the instance you want to pull this off as a wrap, use sometype of flour wrap or ive even used pan warmed corn tortillas.

Heres my method. You need to slice fairly thinly,the tuna after a 20 min rest. You will take a wonton, stack cabbage mix, stack some ahi tuna, stack pickled ginger.atop the ahi, and then drizzle some of the hoisin over.all that. Place in mouth and drift away. Questioning everything you've eaten until.that point.

If you choose to wrap 'er up. I prefer peanut satay sauce instead of the hoisin.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Yes it is Greek ketchup! Ha ha....that stuff is actually insanely good for you.

Heres another you HAVE to try!

Get some fresh tuna steaks. Specify an inch thick!

Mix 2tbsp of oil(I use evoo because we have it) and 1tbsp of lime juice. Brush the sides and edges of the steaks. Then on a small plate mix white and black sesame seeds. Roll the edge of each steak in seeds.until.coated. Get a grill screaming hot and sear both sides of the tuna. Once the meat will lift, isnt stuck, flip immediately! We're going for an jntense sear and equally intense red interior. Remove. Rest time.

Either prepare or purchase cabbage and carrots mixed in a fine shred. Offer pickled ginger. Also warm hoisin sauce for drizzle or dip.

Lastly, you'll need a vehicle for the accoutrements. I like to either serve as an hoers d'oeuvres with freshly, flash fried wonton triangles(think using as a cracker for salami and.cheese) or in the instance you want to pull this off as a wrap, use sometype of flour wrap or ive even used pan warmed corn tortillas.

Heres my method. You need to slice fairly thinly,the tuna after a 20 min rest. You will take a wonton, stack cabbage mix, stack some ahi tuna, stack pickled ginger.atop the ahi, and then drizzle some of the hoisin over.all that. Place in mouth and drift away. Questioning everything you've eaten until.that point.

If you choose to wrap 'er up. I prefer peanut satay sauce instead of the hoisin.
That sounds awesome Ty! I love me some seared tuna steaks.

I wonder if rice paper dipped in warm water would make a good wrap with those ingredients? I make rolls this way all the time and might try it that way. I guess it would be a little like sushi. I think I've had that peanut sauce before and really liked it. Will try to make this next weekend. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:55 PM
General
Member's Gallery

I believe the satay is just soy sauce and peanut butter mixed together under heat.

Ive been water mouthed thinking about pad thai, sans tofu, and basil chicken here lately.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:23 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Saw this today and definitely don't agree with all of them. "50 Best Burger Recipes"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...pes/ss-AAaZM7Z
Old 04-23-2015, 09:10 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Burger=80% beef, garlic, salt, and fire. Done. Ok Im just being an asshloe.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:17 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf9703 View Post
Saw this today and definitely don't agree with all of them. "50 Best Burger Recipes"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...pes/ss-AAaZM7Z
I read through that. Ive kinda gone the other way in the last 5 years. I used to constantly try new stuff and burgers were no exception. But now its trendy to do goofy crap and every little shti dive that used to have a great fried burger now is trying to put truffle oil and endive on a burger on an "artisan" bun. Im all like "what happened to the white trash bun and basket of chips"? Had to plead to get the a1!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

I like this recipe

2008 F350 CCLB KR, IDP, MPD, No Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Nobody want to look at you or talk to you anyways. They are made for you.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:09 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
I read through that. Ive kinda gone the other way in the last 5 years. I used to constantly try new stuff and burgers were no exception. But now its trendy to do goofy crap and every little shti dive that used to have a great fried burger now is trying to put truffle oil and endive on a burger on an "artisan" bun. Im all like "what happened to the white trash bun and basket of chips"? Had to plead to get the a1!
Agreed.

My burgers really haven't changed much in the last 5-10 years. Can't mess with perfection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS97_7.3 View Post
I like this recipe

That's awesome! I think we need a new rat pack.