input on wheel spacers

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
Whats your input on wheel spacers? I got a 00 f350 4x4 with the 05 and newer 5 spoke 18s. I really like the wheels put due to the diff back spacing I cant run 35's or even a 33 mud tire. The tires scrub the leaf spring with the 275/70's continentals on there now! I know people run these wheels with spacers but I've never had any dealings with them and not real crazy about a spacer on such a big truck. I would love to be able to change the wheels and tires both but funds just want allow that. Any input would be appreciated!
Thanks

Spatel23

Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion on this particular question.......I personally dont like the idea of them. The idea of the something inbetween the wheel and rotor just doesnt sit well with me.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i run them on my truck between the rear wheels. had them on there for over 50k with some heavy towing and not a problem... just stay away from the made in china crap and you'll be fine..... got mine off ebay for 140$ mad in the usa....

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
We rode to kentucky to TS 12 hrs one way with 14 wides and 2 inch spacers. He pulled on em weekend before last. Everything is still fine. What I am saying is that it is drastically more than what you want to do so it should be just fine in my opinion. But like Shone said everyone has their own opinion on wheels spacers.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
We rode to kentucky to TS 12 hrs one way with 14 wides and 2 inch spacers. He pulled on em weekend before last. Everything is still fine. What I am saying is that it is drastically more than what you want to do so it should be just fine in my opinion. But like Shone said everyone has their own opinion on wheels spacers.

Damn got any pics of the truck??

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
The only way you'll be able to fit the tire you want is to get an offset wheel. I had 22x9 wheels on a 40x15.50 tire and they rubbed the leafs really bad. Got about 70% of my turning radius. Tried a 1" spacer and a 2" spacer and really only made it worse I think. I got a huge offset wheel. -77 and now have no issues with leaf rub. BUT now I have issue of rubbing on the rear of the fender well when I hit a bump while turning.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online