Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > The Bunker > Mess Hall

Old 10-22-2014, 07:23 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

I don't have a burger recipe but you better believe I will be trying a few of the ones that you guys have posted up.

Since having the twins, the only burgers that I have had time to grill were bubba's from BJ's

2003 F-350 CCLB, Frame off restoration in progress

2002 F-250 ECLB, Parts hauler

2002 Excursion, Twin hauler
Old 10-22-2014, 09:59 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD3020 View Post
First, whats a good recommendation for buns? Like i've stated before we just use slices of bread, but i'm thinking about stopping at the store one night and getting some buns of some sort.

Second, what sides do you guys have with your burgers? We generally do your typical el cheapo crinkle fries and just throw em in the microwave. Or we'll boil up some dirty rice, or alfredo noodles.
It depends on the burgers I'm making, but sesame buns work well most of the time.

Fries in the microwave? That just sounds wrong. But then again, I like good food and enjoy cooking, so most things at my house are homemade. Some of my go-to sides for burgers: mac and cheese, baked beans, coleslaw, broccoli salad, cucumber salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, fried potatoes, or sweet potato fries.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

I meant oven, not microwave. Little bit of a mix-up.

Last nights burgers were awesome, although the big thing i tasted was the sugar. Made em sweet, but not too sweet. Made 6 thick patties out of 2lbs of meat and cooked em slow till there was still a hint of pink in the center. Juiciest burger i've had in a while. I counted last night and we have around 30lbs of hamburger left, somehow i gotta make it last until next summer. I refuse to eat store bought meat unless i have no other option, ****s so nasty.
01 F-450 crew cab, XLT ZF-6 7.3: tuned, intake, exhaust, 310k miles
05 Jeep Liberty diesel, tuned, EGR deleet
Old 10-31-2014, 10:04 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

2 lbs of ground meat
Jack Daniel's BBQ original No. 7 (just enough to get the meat sticky, too much and the burger fall apart on the grill)
Veggies of your choice chopped up. I usually do onion, green peppers and shredded lettuce
Mix it up
As soon as you set them on the grill, open up a beer and pour some beer on each patty. Open a second beer and enjoy while cooking.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:33 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
Its not as good as it sounds. Nor is sausage with bscon in it...keep it on the outside of meats..
Old 11-02-2014, 06:36 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Get a nice package of potato rolls....cut em open and lay em on the grill for a minute or two....
Old 11-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf9703 View Post
It depends on the burgers I'm making, but sesame buns work well most of the time.

Fries in the microwave? That just sounds wrong. But then again, I like good food and enjoy cooking, so most things at my house are homemade. Some of my go-to sides for burgers: mac and cheese, baked beans, coleslaw, broccoli salad, cucumber salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, fried potatoes, or sweet potato fries.
I love me some sweet potato fries. I used to be a machine at making them. Now I'm lazy and just bake my sweet potatoes.

I might have to get in on some of the burger action. I never cook hamburgers. Maybe I can come up with something weird, but tastey, and post it up.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:55 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja_cain View Post
I love me some sweet potato fries. I used to be a machine at making them. Now I'm lazy and just bake my sweet potatoes.

I might have to get in on some of the burger action. I never cook hamburgers. Maybe I can come up with something weird, but tastey, and post it up.
A burger with tzatziki in it? Something about the yogurt and cool cucumber that makes it excellent. It would almost lend itself better to some spicier grilled chicken.

A buffalo burger with some roasted red pepper, some pan fried in butter shiitake mushroom, and crisp chard or kale! Son of a....id have to put some A1 on it too!
Old 11-02-2014, 06:59 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCorr View Post
A burger with tzatziki in it? Something about the yogurt and cool cucumber that makes it excellent. It would almost lend itself better to some spicier grilled chicken.

A buffalo burger with some roasted red pepper, some pan fried in butter shiitake mushroom, and crisp chard or kale! Son of a....id have to put some A1 on it too!
I was definitely thinking butter and shiitake would have to be in there.

Yogurt and cool cucumber sounds great but sound better with the chicken.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:04 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Unless you had some heat on the burger meaning the tzatziki would cool the pie hole.

Maybe a thin burger cooked on a flat iron that could be crisped up nice. Then get some tandoor spices and make the burger some accompanying flavors and.serve it on naan or falafel.