1997 7.3 Efuel help

clayholz

Reaction score
Hey all, i just installed the Marty’s 875 efuel kit and was having difficulty getting it started last night, which I believe was a result of a glow plug relay that had a broken terminal on the top, so I replaced that and it finally started up this morning. The issue I’m having now is the truck runs rough when it starts, and I’m not getting any movement on the fuel pressure gauge, it’s just sticking right at about 2 psi even if I adjust the set screw on top of the fuel lab regulator. If someone could point me in the right direction or what would be causing this issue that would be extremely helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clayholz

Reaction score
Pump is running I assume?

Pump is running but I’m not sure if it’s pumping fuel. I checked first by cracking the line that comes off the pump and goes to the engine while the pump was on and no fuel is coming out of the pump. Then I took a can of diesel and ran the line that comes from the tank selector valve into the pump and stuck it into the can of diesel and cracked the line going from pump to the engine. Still no fuel coming out of the pump. I’m assuming at this point the pump is bad? I’m not sure what else could be causing the issue. With key on I can audibly hear the pump running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCart

Reaction score
I’d place the can of fuel higher in elevation then the pump and pour fuel down into the pump might just need priming? On my trucks I have gravity feed auxiliary tanks so was easy for me to get fuel into the pump.

Latest posts

Members online