Looking for pictures

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
lol, don't twist what I said. I prefer to go out, buy a nice/quality set of wheels and tires, the tire shop balances them once, they are great, no issues. Verse going out and buying a cheap set of wheels and tires, 3 different tire companies try to balance them, and at the end of the day, you settle with the steering wheel vibrating at highway speeds because you didn't want to pay the extra change for a quality product.

It was a quality over quantity comment. Had nothing to do with money.

This is the exact conversation I try and have with a buddy of mine. He comes back at me a lot with "Amazon has it for this" and "what do you think of this eBay kit." Take the fact that I work for Mark out of it, anyone regardless of how much these trucks cost (Plats, Lars, XLT's, heck XL's!) should buy quality parts for these trucks regardless and I would never dream of buying parts from somewhere because they're cheap. With wheels and tires especially, safety is number 1. You buy cheap tires, you get what you pay for!

stacked6.7

Reaction score
So just an update. Picked up my 2017 lariet ultimate today. Love the truck. Was extremely happy.... Until I got home, and the exhaust was smoking like crazy! Almost like oil or DEF was leaking on it and burning off. Going to take it for a short drive tomorrow and see if it does this again. Hopefully something stupid like a loose connection or something. Track has 15K on it.

stacked6.7

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20170826_152506688_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170826_152506688_HDR.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 147

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
mine did something like that on the drive home. never did it again. smelled nasty too .

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Yea this smelled terrible. Stunk up the cab. About an hour drive to my first stop. No smell or smoke. Then a ten minute drive home and this happens. Almost like the first time it needed to Regen it did this.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea this smelled terrible. Stunk up the cab. About an hour drive to my first stop. No smell or smoke. Then a ten minute drive home and this happens. Almost like the first time it needed to Regen it did this.

thats what i figured it was. if it goes away, same same . i immediately fixed that issue though LOL

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Haha I would love to do the same! But got a 7 year 140,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Not ready to jepordize that quite yet.

theplumber

Reaction score
There is a tsb for *** .
They have to change mine cause
There a black smoke on my tailpipe.
They order a new one but there are 4 weeks
B/O . I start thinking remove all that **** .
The price of *** it's 5600$ can . Then
I ask dealer just pay for my ezlink and 4" pipe and they don't want .

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

keatonskidmore

Reaction score
Exactly. Someone actually get's that concept other than a few of us lol....

Blows my mind when I see a brand new Platinum Ford or a Denali GM/Chevy High Country or a Big Horn Laramie Dodge...all $70k + trucks and they have a rough country lift on it or some cheap ass ebay part of some form or knock off sh*t wheels....really makes me smh

We just put on a lift, wheels, and tires for a guy. He got a '17 King Ranch F150 and American Force ambush 20x10s with toyo A/T 2 tires. Then bought a super lift lift kit that used the OEM struts and just bilstein rear shocks. Blew my mind that he spent $4500 on wheels/tires and then bought a cheap lift.

He had bought everything from somewhere else then had us install or I would have swayed him from doing this..

keatonskidmore

Reaction score
Here's my ruby red/caribou KR with your typical XD machete wheels. I hunt or drive off road on ranches far too much to have billet wheels.
eOij4wa.jpg

6IlWDVz.jpg

Last edited:

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Looks great! Yea that's my problem. Living on a dirt road I just can't justify that much on rims. On a side note, anyone know how to make my windows go up remotely? I can get them down. And I had someone unlock the option in my dash for remote window close, but can't seem to get it to work!

Latest posts