King Ranch vs Platinum

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Quick turn around. Ha I may order one I'm digging the blue and I like the color match. Anything I shouldn't get cause these trucks come with everything but a bj. The one at the dealer now has every possible option I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get it all.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
May or may not be a issue. For me it came down to how to not get the glass roof, but the rest of the options/ tech.

Just recently ordered a Platinum, since the roof is optional.

straggleweed

Reaction score
I got a mono blue KR ultimate a few weeks ago, they really are all they are made out to be. Get all the options like everyone says, you don't want to wish you would have had a certain option after spending that much money.

Glassman504

Reaction score
Yeah I've had 2 trucks that have had leaky roofs I was contemplating not getting one also

Glassman504

Reaction score
We're painted bumpers and handles an option with the mono blue?

keatonskidmore

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure the king ranch comes in mono paint and white platinum 3 stage. My dealer swapped another dealer a mono white platinum (might have been oxford but pretty sure white platinum) for my ruby red two tone.

Like others said get it all. The ultimate package, 360 cameras, all of it. The cameras are the best. And I love the auto high/low beam feature.

As far as leaky sun roofs. The reason they leak most of the time is debri getting in the drain tubes and blocking them. Or a PDR tech not installing the drain tubes back on after fixing hail damage. Either way warranty usually always covers it. I own a a body shop and we get about one every two weeks that are leaking and they always cover it.

Oh and I think the color matched handles are if you don't get the chrome package but if you do mono paint you have to get the chrome package I believe.

dcswetman

Reaction score
King Ranches only come in oxford if its a mono tone truck. My dealer tried to build a tri coat white one and it wouldnt let him with it being two tone. Kind of a bummer like not having a blue jean platinum

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure the king ranch comes in mono paint and white platinum 3 stage. My dealer swapped another dealer a mono white platinum (might have been oxford but pretty sure white platinum) for my ruby red two tone.

Like others said get it all. The ultimate package, 360 cameras, all of it. The cameras are the best. And I love the auto high/low beam feature.

As far as leaky sun roofs. The reason they leak most of the time is debri getting in the drain tubes and blocking them. Or a PDR tech not installing the drain tubes back on after fixing hail damage. Either way warranty usually always covers it. I own a a body shop and we get about one every two weeks that are leaking and they always cover it.

Oh and I think the color matched handles are if you don't get the chrome package but if you do mono paint you have to get the chrome package I believe.

correct, KR mono comes with chrome package. nothing $1500 and a few days in the body shop wont fix !!

2017_DPMAG.jpg

Last edited:

Glassman504

Reaction score
That's nice. Damn I told myself I was keeping this one stock but I really like those head lights

keatonskidmore

Reaction score
correct, KR mono comes with chrome package. nothing $1500 and a few days in the body shop wont fix !!

2017_DPMAG.jpg

Your truck makes me almost wish I got blue jean. Still probably would have went two tone though.
Isn't it strange they charge extra for the chrome package when premium to most people is paint to match now?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
View attachment 48130
This is what I'm looking at don't know about the two tone though. Still thinking about that

Best color combination in my opinion!! I may be a little bias as I have the long bed version of that arriving to the dealership on Monday after a 3 month wait after ordering it. Blue jeans/Caribou is gorgeous!

Glassman504

Reaction score
Bought a silver platinum. With vinyl floors think I like that the most

Latest posts

Members online