Reaction score
ff78bbaa7f0d51a47bf3286851f0761d.jpg
0e28c40241490e0a1ee19db216de42c5.jpg
57fe86fcddcbd0d34230ea5129edc693.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roccafellas

Reaction score
lmao you still couldnt get wear sleeve off crank? LOL

No.. that wasn't mine. That was his.. mines still together I never tried anything yet. Obviously he has the same problem.
Do you think thats a decent price for all that stuff?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Fyi that cut off wheel chisel trick is something my dad taught me. Hands down easiest way to remove races and other pressed items of a shaft. I used it almost everyday when i was in the shop. Unless it a new axle and i need setup bearings. I think that a fair price if everything turns out ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Fyi that cut off wheel chisel trick is something my dad taught me. Hands down easiest way to remove races and other pressed items of a shaft. I used it almost everyday when i was in the shop. Unless it a new axle and i need setup bearings. I think that a fair price if everything turns out ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yeah Im going to do that!

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Hey guys.. can someone give me a hand... the machine shop where my engine is
Is asking me for the "standard bore size"
He apparently went off his books and found two.. one is saying theres a little wear which he thinks is possible
And other one is saying the block is .10 under...... which is impossible... so..
can someone give me "the standard bore size please"
Thank you.

rockycreek

Reaction score
See attached images...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170824-065238.jpg
    Screenshot_20170824-065238.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20170824-065300.jpg
    Screenshot_20170824-065300.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 64

rockycreek

Reaction score
I uploaded those from my phone and I can't tell if they're large enough to read...

98.2 mm (98.191-98.209 mm)
3.87 in (3.866-3.867 in)

Roccafellas

Reaction score
So I ordered the Dynamic Diesel Stage 1 rebuild kit!!!!!!!
Paul from Dynamic was amazing help and service and is so helpful!! Comes with wayyy more stuff than rudys kit.. including cam, and lifters etc.. i feel more comfortable..
with coated pistons!!!!

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Hey guys, just an update, going down to Detroit next weekend with my mom, she volunteered to give me a ride to go pickup my Stage 1 kit (http://store.dynamicdiesel60.com/mobile/64-power-stroke-2008-2010-stage-1-master-over-haul-kit) from Dynamic Diesel, should be a fun 12 hour round trip!

I got a set hopefully of 8 used injectors that were tested.. hopefully they are actually good.. and a spare HPFP that he has.. not tested but says that the fuel system was unrelated to the engine being blown, so he figures it's fine since it was not a problem to begin with. Said the truck just didn't have heat.. lol very vague but whatever didn't want to dig into it.

Shouldn't need anymore parts...
Other than an oil cooler now lol...
unless someone else has ideas?
I really really want to budget for some manifolds and up pipes but its not "needed" and I really can't afford that on-top. But eventually for sure! on

I have a question for you guys.. and on Sea-foam and Diesel Kleen, I was watching some youtube videos on Seafoam and how the guy emptied his fuel bowl, changed the filter and filled it with pure Sea-foam. And added about 20oz to his tank... It was on a 6.0 so idk if the ULSD aspect is good for our engines.. but I'm not asking because I want to use it.. I'm asking because I just researched the ! Out of it on the forums so I wouldn't have to ask the 873683 time if it's good to run it or not. I chose no.
But one forum.. the guy that had a 7.3.. i know completely different.. but he said he used it.. and that crap got pushed to the injectors.. and it now runs rough and he wanted to use even more to clear it up!...
And the guy beneath his post said he uses Diesel Kleen... and it got me thinking..

I bought this truck 5 hours away from home.. on a super hot day.. already in reduced engine power mode.. I did NOT know it was in limp mode he never told me, and chances are if I knew it.. I wouldn't be talking to you guys right now because I would of said forget it...yes it had a p0088 code, but that was NOT the only code present it also had p2452, p244A and p2002...
I cleared the codes, and limp mode gone.. drove around the block seemed fine.. drove it 5 hours home.. nonstop, doing about 100 KMH.. not a problem... not a surge no nothing... my mom did notice however that it had some black smoke occasionally, (she was driving behind me) and she said the closer we got home the more frequent she thought it was being produced...

now he said that the truck was stock... it came with stacks.. and an exhaust system with *** cat, but not stock end piping it didn't have the duals.. which i kind of was upset.. i love that look ANYWAYS.. he said it came from Alberta. He bought it with the stacks and got caught down where he lives and had to put that USED exhaust system on with ***..

He said it clogged. Because it went into reduced power mode He went to a Midas.....generic mechanic shop... like a Jiffy Lube.. or whatever you guys have down there. And they said it was clogged too and punched it out and sent him on his way... i don't think there was a tune on it.. and they just threw a system on it without knowing it had to be returned to stock.. I say i don't think so because it didnt have much power.. and it DID say "Cleaning" on the message board sometimes when I did get home driving around town that night so i figured it was stock because the truck was saying its in cleaning mode.... so Long story short... i hope i didnt lose you...

There was not a single problem driving it 5 hours home... and the day after I put some diesel kleen in it, the truck died...
Do you guys think that diesel kleen could of done it? Hanging my injectors? It wasn't 7-8... so regen is out of the question and those pistons looked fine
Minus the #8 that had little pricks on it ill post a pic again... but for 1 and 2 to be bad.. maybe i put too much? And it pushed some dirt to the injectors and they got clogged?
I drove it home.. fine
Drove it around town was fine the next couple nights..
The day I bought diesel kleen, was the same day I dropped it off for the Safety/Mechanical..
the night I picked it up. Boom.. reduced engine power mode.. i was so scared.. I thought i fixed it
I drove 500km non stop and nothing happened and two days after with no problems no warning signs NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT...

The day I pick it up after using seafoam I noticed a blue haze from the exhaust, it has a longer than normal crank.. ive noticed 6.4's crank fast.. like turn key bomb.. engine on. This is as if it cranked double the time.. which yes worried me.... and I also read long crank times are from bad injectors...
What if that Diesel Kleen just gummed up an injector for a second.. and fried my pistons..
What if mine aren't bad? What if I put them back in.. ran it for like 5 minutes WITH a scanner on it to watch to make sure nothing gets damaged and maybe they just needed to be free'd up? Cause the diesel kleen pushed junk through it? Why else would it randomly go into reduced power mode again.. after no problems.. and I asked the mechanic he said he never noticed and said he didn't drive it..

Is this possible? I want to know if someone can read those power balance tests graphs because I want to know what they mean!!! I know for sure 1 and 2 are bad.. but why did the rest sky rocket is that compensating? If I only need two.. can I try just changing two? Don't get mad.. I'm asking.. i'm just curious!?!!!?! Why the hell did this happen! My engines gunna be built and someone goes to ask what happened.. I won't have an answer!
My turbos I think are fine. Not going to rebuild them, theres no oil, no shaft play. Slap em on. So I rulled out the hydrolock with oil.. but something held it back that night it died from starting.. slow crank.. like that video I said of the 6.4 that did the burnout till it died and hesitated to crank.. exactly like that.. the starters fine batteries fine.. so I really think it was just fuel... but I want to know if it was my hpfp that blew.. (I don't think, because no noticeable shards in my fuel bowl, it still started after that night we just had to let it sit.. maybe so the fuel washed down the cylinders and let it turn over.. but it still started on command when needed.. if a hpfp is bad it will still start? Over and over? And stay running?

I think either my injectors got dirty with that diesel kleen
Or they actually just are faulty
But why all of a sudden after the diesel kleen.. and not a problem.. after the truck sat in the dudes driveway for a month. I clear limp mode and drive it 5 hours home hot day no problem...... IN 4x4 cause i didn't knkw it was stuck on.. lol wouldnt go past 100 km i knew something was wrong but just didnt know what and honestly didnt feel like it was in 4x4 sharp turns didnt feel any crab walking or nothing I found out when my mechanic told me at cert lol.. so i had that much strain on it and it was fine...
What gives?

Sorry to pick your brain Im just getting close to the peak of this and need answers...

If anyone.... can read those charts and tell me... if there all bad

If 3 hung open or if just 2 were bad... or whatever it says!!
And if I maybe on to something...

Thank you.
And hope to hear from someone lol
1344e6e17089ec2163315c48a7ae6adf.jpg
#8 see the pricks.. not melted. But I don't think regen was the cause of this.. 1-2 were way worse.

Jomax

Reaction score
On my 7.3 I used to fill my lower fuel filter with sea foam when changing it. I don't know about that on a common rail.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
On my 7.3 I used to fill my lower fuel filter with sea foam when changing it. I don't know about that on a common rail.

Yeah well i got pretty much told that that did not cause my problem.. so i assume something else but dont know what lol

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Hey guys just an update,
Stage 1 kit in the mail,
Waiting to get the parts and bring to machine shop so they can build it,
Someone stole my intercooler, rad tranny cooler and condenser out of the box of my truck. Yeah I know shame on me for not covering with a tarp.
If anyone has any used intercoolers or rads and wanna ship to Canada let me know!!
I got a set of 6.0 manifolds and up pipes I'm going to make my own up pipes, can't be that difficult, roughly the same angles on the pipes, i'm going to cut the elbows off the 6.4 up pipes and weld the straight flange from the 6.0 in place.. should bolt right up lol, if my math is on. I really can't seeing it being that bad,
e6f41a33a17cf83f1f5f043b8d4d8244.jpg
517a0b630465dbd2de6701e0e2964b7b.png

From the pics you can tell where I will cut it.. where the #4 is on the 6.4 engine pic, ill cut it right there.. below the bellow on the 6.4 up pipe and literally right after the flange on the 6.0 as theres barely any space by the bellow on the 6.4 to cut higher

pog

Reaction score
Hope bc. I have the stock intercooler off of my truck when I had it. Ic has been sitting in the backyard for a few years now though. Hopefully nature hasn't gotten to it, I'd have to check it out. I'd be willing to let it go if you just cover shipping.

cbrown

Reaction score
Just use a set of proven uppipes. Since you have limited access to tools, a shop, funds, etc, you do not want to have to deal with a failed uppipe once you get this back together.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Just use a set of proven uppipes. Since you have limited access to tools, a shop, funds, etc, you do not want to have to deal with a failed uppipe once you get this back together.

I totally get that.. but what would fail
Its being welded by a professional?
Just asking. Cause i cant afford up pipes

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Hope bc. I have the stock intercooler off of my truck when I had it. Ic has been sitting in the backyard for a few years now though. Hopefully nature hasn't gotten to it, I'd have to check it out. I'd be willing to let it go if you just cover shipping.

Okay thats pretty decent!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.