Tony Wildman econo tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustube

Reaction score
My buddy told me that he read online somewhere that the Tony Wildman econo tune has a reputation for blowing up motors because the tune has too much timing. Is there any truth to this? I've searched a whole lot of forums to look for anything and all I found was one post vaguely referring to the tune having issues but no examples.

If it matters I have:
01 f350 CCLB 7.3/4r100 250k
6637 intake
Tony wildman tuner
unknown 5" stainless exhaust
Wicked Wheel 2

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Wow that is crazy.. Man just lost his daughter and then someone with a false post like this?

dirk0

Reaction score
Wow that is crazy.. Man just lost his daughter and then someone with a false post like this?

Benefit of the doubt. But I'll be watching this closely. I'll go ape**** on someone if they are stupid enough to try something like that.

mustube

Reaction score
I'm not bagging anybody, I just want to not blow my truck up. I googled a lot and found a post that hinted at it.

dirk0

Reaction score
Holy sh!t look what the cat dragged in! Whats happening brother long time no see

I'm ok, between getting tired of the forums and my wife having health issues.. i needed a break. Just a bit upset over recent events. Only reason I resurfaced really.

thuglike

Reaction score
I think you'll be fine....

Friendly advise...............Really not trying to be a dik here......

LET THIS THREAD GO AWAY.................

Tony is really liked and respected here and the man has literally went through hell and back and is now going for a second helping......

Your truck is fine...let it go

Don't even thank me..............................................

Russ

Reaction score
I have an econo position, and I've never had any issues like that. Doesn't sound like there is more timing, actually sounds quieter. Though I don't use it much.

dirk0

Reaction score
I'm not bagging anybody, I just want to not blow my truck up. I googled a lot and found a post that hinted at it.

I haven't found a tune of Tony's that didn't do ANY damage... that was Tony's fault. All damage was done by me. There are still pics of different rebuilds of stupid crap I've done to my truck.

Heck, I'm running split shot B code injectors right now with tunes for hybrids. Kinda has a funny stumble added on to the lope of the engine, but she's been running like that for 2 years or more. I'm too lazy to change injectors and I'm too lazy to switch chips...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online