Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Old 05-15-2018, 09:04 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Oh btw! I’ve ordered 238/80’s from unlimited and hydra with gh custom tunes. And sending off hoop tomorrow to diesel site.
01 F-250 4x4 cc/sb 238/100 inj,adrenaline hpop,reg return fuel system,s&b intake,4” elec conduit straight back exhaust,KC stage 1 turbo,hd built auto tranny,pohp hydra chip custom tunes,still needs alot it’s work in progress.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:09 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Gotta question for some of y’all. When I pulled the injectors there was a lot of oil in and covering them. That’s the first time I’ve ever done that and was wondering if that’s normal? Also I fixed a small piece of tubing to my shop vac and was told to suck up the oil off the top of the pistons. Well there is quiet a bit oil ther or I’m sucking oil out of the pan. Am I actually pulling oil out of the engine by doing this?
01 F-250 4x4 cc/sb 238/100 inj,adrenaline hpop,reg return fuel system,s&b intake,4” elec conduit straight back exhaust,KC stage 1 turbo,hd built auto tranny,pohp hydra chip custom tunes,still needs alot it’s work in progress.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:25 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtclod View Post
Gotta question for some of y’all. When I pulled the injectors there was a lot of oil in and covering them. That’s the first time I’ve ever done that and was wondering if that’s normal? Also I fixed a small piece of tubing to my shop vac and was told to suck up the oil off the top of the pistons. Well there is quiet a bit oil ther or I’m sucking oil out of the pan. Am I actually pulling oil out of the engine by doing this?

Normal.

I believe I’ve read this in your thread already about oil on top of piston. You have differing opinions. Pick one and go with it.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...
Old 05-16-2018, 08:52 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

I rotated motor over to tdc and used a might vac with a small tube pushed down through injector cup. The back 2 cylinders had the most oil. The rest where not to bad.
2000 Ford F-350 Dually, 4x4, D-66 Turbo with Billet wheel, .84 Ex housing, 69.84 turbine wheel, Gear Head Tunes on a Hydra, Unlimited 238/80 injectors, Walbro GSL392 Fuel Pump, 6637 Intake, riffraff regulated return, Riffraff FRX and HPX, comp cam 910 springs, smith bros .120 wall pushrods, terminator t-500, riffraff boost regulator, hutch mod, harpoon mod, 4" exhaust, 295's with 4.10 gears. John woods valve body, billet face transtar converter and built transmission.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:12 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 565edge View Post
I rotated motor over to tdc and used a might vac with a small tube pushed down through injector cup. The back 2 cylinders had the most oil. The rest where not to bad.
Yep that’s what I did. Also I got wired the fuel pump and pumped all the fuel out of tank and flushed 5 gals of clean fuel through it.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:13 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

My injectors came in yesterday and last night I got them installed. Bolted down and oil deflectors bolted on. Torqued at 10ft/lbs and oil deflectors 9 ft/lbs. I vacuumed out the glow plug holes and turned the engine over 2 times to remove any fuel or oil off the pistons. My hpop should be here today and after that goes on I’ll crank over a few times to remove air. I was planning on a new icp and ipr but crossing my fingers they’ll be ok. Injectors went in as planned and all were even across the top. I’ve been doing a few other things while waiting on parts. I’m installing another the amp for the stereo and built a board for mounting everything behind the back seat. I’ll post some pics later on. Also I’m building a console for the front floorboard for room for iPad mount,switches and air compressor controls.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:56 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Well I’ve got the adrenaline hpop in and and while I’ve been at it tore out some interior and been retiring stereo,built a front console in the floorboard. All I like now is installing glow plugs and tightening everything down. Hopefully this evening I’ll get to fire it up and purge the oil lines. Don’t have my hydra chip in yet hopefully it will be here by Friday.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:57 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Ok guys, I finished installing my injectors and adrenaline hpop yesterday afternoon late. I went ahead and installed my hydra chip before trying to start my truck. I figured that since it came from GH all I would need to do is install the chip and that’s it. Do I still need to download the software and run this with a laptop through the chip? Everything seems to be ok. The wait to start light operates like normal,no service engine soon light on. Just cranks but no start. I haven’t tried anything yet I just want to eliminate the possibility that the chip is culprit due to my ignorance. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Old 06-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Your truck will start without the chip no problem. Just don’t try to drive with it...

With that said... you need to connect the chip to your laptop and transfer the tunes over. Then install the chip onto the pcm (batteries unplugged).

Prior to cranking - did you pour oil into the hpop? That will allow you to start the truck faster. Make sure batteries are fully charged. Crank 20sec intervals, minute rest, crank again till it starts.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...
Old 06-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

If you have the extension cable, there's no reason to remove the chip for loading tunes. And it depends, if you told them about your mods (if injectors) they could have loaded tunes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Depleted, studded, airdog (which isn't currently hooked up), fass regulated return, airaide, 4 inch straight pipe with mbrp muffler(so on to go), glowchit pyro, fuel, boost, and trans temp. (Of course don't work lol) Hercules terra track A/T2 315/70/17.
2013 Honda pilot Touring
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/778639.png
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/776628.png