Oil temps

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
What are you guys seeing unloaded usually.

I just dropped in a complete and running in a f450 and unloaded 60 mph 50 degrees ambient temp I'm at 230 oil and 192 coolant.

EPA

Reaction score
What are you guys seeing unloaded usually.

I just dropped in a complete and running in a f450 and unloaded 60 mph 50 degrees ambient temp I'm at 230 oil and 192 coolant.

200-210ish degrees towing on hot summer day combined weight 18k. I think the spread un loaded should be no more then 15 degrees.

Last edited:

DieselJpower

Reaction score
I ran Tampa to NC on Wednesday, ambient was mid 90s when I left and did 85-90mph the whole way. Stayed 208 oil and 196 coolant almost the whole time till I hit the mountains and cooler weather. Most of the time normal daily driving I'm about 203 & 192-194

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
230*...not what I would expect not to mention it's an F450 but that can't be the only reason.

Yea somethings wrong.

Again, I vacuumed filled the system, let it idle til hot cap off. Went down the road and got 230/192.

I came back to shop, felt oil cooler hoses, rear hose is pretty hot, front hose is just hot. I did feel the rear hose bubbling. So I removed hoses to confirm flow, coolants flowing so no cap plug stuck somewhere.

I re vacuum filled, let it sit at 2500 rpm cap off to purge any possible air. While I was doing thag is climbed to 226/192 just no load high idle..

The old engine seized up but it was abused. But the cooling system was clean so I don't think I plugged up the new oil cooler. It's only got about 4 hours of run time

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Ford wants me to run it since no code but I don't want to send it with customer then have em back in a week cause it's limping

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yea somethings wrong.

Again, I vacuumed filled the system, let it idle til hot cap off. Went down the road and got 230/192.

I came back to shop, felt oil cooler hoses, rear hose is pretty hot, front hose is just hot. I did feel the rear hose bubbling. So I removed hoses to confirm flow, coolants flowing so no cap plug stuck somewhere.

I re vacuum filled, let it sit at 2500 rpm cap off to purge any possible air. While I was doing thag is climbed to 226/192 just no load high idle..

The old engine seized up but it was abused. But the cooling system was clean so I don't think I plugged up the new oil cooler. It's only got about 4 hours of run time
Try running it hard. Once or twice. Maybe a bubble somewhere or tstat stuck.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Here's mine right now.
d4b869f00af71d38a68509a3340d8fc6.jpg

live life full throttle

EPA

Reaction score
Dang that's some setup there haha... I cant drive with any screen in my direct view including entertainment center... Haha.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Dang that's some setup there haha... I cant drive with any screen in my direct view including entertainment center... Haha.
I can see most of my hood. GPS Doest block much. Tablet doesn't block anything at all. I can see the air vent on top of dash.

live life full throttle

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Tossed in a brand new sensor.

Ford says their not worried cause no code yet. I'm not sure when these trips oil temp codes.

Monday in going to take it down the highway and hope it codes out so I can get paid figuring this out since I think it's their issue.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I could never see a 6.4 taking 264 oil temps. All the plastic on the oil side would melt lol

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
beat on mine sat from tampa up to tn mountains(pikeville, TN). it was raining and it was not not stupid hot outdoor temps cause of storms but got up to 213* oil temp and i was freaking out, gf was like that is not super high. she claims to have seen it over that. I disagree but.... little open 12' open trailer with a big expanded metal tailgate that is basically a huge sail was being pulled. never got over that though. guess i should relax. your post makes me think oil cooler issues

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
264 and 195. 75 mph flat grade steady cruising. 50F ambient temp

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I can't find a dtc anywhere in service info even for oil temp. Surely it's not the p12f we're used to is it?