Won't recognize my trailer

Rule12b

Reaction score
When I hook up my boat to the truck, it will register it sometimes, but often just shows "Trailer disconnected". If I try to use the trailer brake controller, it immediately disconnects. Nevertheless, brake LIGHTS and turn signals are always working properly.

I've had the trailer tested and it checks out on other trucks. I don't have this problem when I hook up my tandem race trailer. I am throughly at a loss to figure out wtf is going on. Any assistance would be appreciated. . .

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
What year truck? On the 17-18s there is a tsb fir a certain build date to replace the trailer plug.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
2015 Plat. DRW
Well there probably isnt a tsb for it then. Lol. Have you checked all the fuses? Maybe the brake fuse or the 12v fuse are blown. Or it could still need a plug. Unplug the,back of it and see if there is a bunch of corrosion or something.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
Add another ground wire from the trailer to the truck. Good ground to good ground. You could have a grounding issue within your hitch.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Add another ground wire from the trailer to the truck. Good ground to good ground. You could have a grounding issue within your hitch.
Whs... probably need to run a ground through the plug. Might only be grounded through the ball..

live life full throttle

Rule12b

Reaction score

Even though the trailer lights and brake lights are functioning properly? It only defaults the message "Trailer Disconnected" if I try to use the brake controller, although I can tell they aren't working before I do that.

Latest posts

Members online