Black maxx wiring

Graveyarder

Reaction score
It will be alot easier to get the pin layout this way. Cables should only be about 50. But you know some people are greedy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
It will be alot easier to get the pin layout this way. Cables should only be about 50. But you know some people are greedy.

I can understand someone wanting compensated for the time they spent to figure it out.

My comment was more meaning it puts the feasibility of repairing the black maxx harder to justify at that cost.

Graveyarder

Reaction score
Cable works good. His end that plugs into black maxx is alot looser than my cable end. Does what it is suppose to do though.

Graveyarder

Reaction score
Cable works good. His end that plugs into black maxx is alot looser than my cable end. Does what it is suppose to do though.

20161213_143214.jpg

Got a black maxx in on my buddies duramax. My cable sticks awesome and zero connection issues

K_cutt08

Reaction score
I thought I'd revive this thread.

I've been looking for a color-coded pinout of the HDMI to Cradle plug.

I haven't been able to find a complete color-coded pinout, but I have all but 5 wires nailed down. My cable specifically is from a BullyDog PMT, though I have been able to determine that it should be identical to the H & S Black Maxx's cradle as well.

Here's an Imgur album of the wires so far.
https://imgur.com/a/gVUhd

So, there's 20 VIAs, or through-holes numbered 1 to 20. I don't know what 5 wires go to, so I thought if I shared what I have, someone might be able to fill in the blanks here. There are exactly 19 wires total. 18 of which are actually used, the pink wire is cut short and not used at all. There is also the separate power wire. Some cables show it as red, but mine is black, I will denote it as the "Power Wire (Black)" so if yours is red, then just know that it's also the power wire, but that cable has a red wire instead of black. There are two unused holes and 5 that I don't know which color goes to which number, I will designate these as "?????"

The colored wires correspond to these through holes as follows:
1 - Dark Grey
2 - Solid Blue
3 - Light Grey
4 - Red w/white stripe
5 - Orange w/white stripe
6 - ?????
7 - Solid Black
8 - ?????
9 - Solid Green
10 - Power Wire (Black)
11 - Blue w/white stripe
12 - Black w/white stripe
13 - Unused
14 - Unused
15 - ?????
16 - Seafoam (Light Blue, depending on your level of color-blindness)
17 - ????? (Yellow)
18 - ????? (Purple)
19 - Dark Grey w/white stripe
20 - Green w/white stripe

The 5 colored wires I have loose are:
(all solid) Purple, Yellow, Orange, Red, and White.

I mentioned this above, but I'll repeat it here: The pink wire is definitely unused and cut short intentionally by the manufacturer.

Can anybody else help me fill in the blanks on where those 5 wires go?

EDIT: I just noticed in a post from 11-02-2016, 10:05 PM by Graveyarder, he posted a picture that showed some wires connected, so from that I determined that Yellow and Purple correspond 17 & 18 respectively. So now we're down to Orange, Red, and White.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online