6.0 monitor/tuner

Fiveohmatt

Reaction score
I did a few searches and couldn't find the info I was looking for.

I'm building my first 6.0 after owning a few 7.3 trucks.
I want a few features in a monitor/tuner

First off this market changes so fast I want to know what's the greatest latest spec etc.

I am not concerned with hp numbers but just drivability and reliability as I'm building this 6.0 just for towing.

Also a key feature in a monitor for me would be the ability to make warnings for oil temp and egt temperatures as my wife will be driving it often while towing a trailer.

So far I'm looking at the dptuner infinity and possibly the edge products. But I am unsure if the edge stuff will let me create warnings.

Thanks in advance.

sootie

Reaction score
I would get the cheapest SCT hand held programmer with custom tune capability and an Edge CTS2 as a monitor.

Decker

Reaction score
I do agree edge is probably the best to monitor. I personally I would hate to unplug everytime I change a tune. Also having to have that extra device in the glove box. I love my livewire ts. It monitors just fine and able to load and store tunes.

sootie

Reaction score
livewire ts is a flaming pile of chit. havent had one last longer than a year without sending it back to sct for repair. The gauges are mediocre at best and the "touch" screen is worse than that.

Decker

Reaction score
Have had mine for few years now no issues. I may have gotten lucky. But like I said I believe the edge guages are far superior but the livewire are just fine for everyday monitor. Touch screen not that bad.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I had 14 Autometer gauges at one time....
Now I run an CTS2, and only four Autometer gauges.
Really cleans up the interior....I just wish I could dash mount it somewhere instead of sticking to the windshield.

Fiveohmatt

Reaction score
Why not just get the CTS2 Pro and only have one unit? That's what I've got with ******** Tunes.

^^^^ Gear Heads

Can you program alerts for high oil temps and egt with this setup?
Can you pm me who it's from? This sounds like my ideal setup

shmoozer

Reaction score
I had 14 Autometer gauges at one time....
Now I run an CTS2, and only four Autometer gauges.
Really cleans up the interior....I just wish I could dash mount it somewhere instead of sticking to the windshield.

I feel like with your car audio experience you could come up with something cool lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online