New from MA.

08 diesel

Reaction score
Hey guys my name is Shawn. Long time reader 1st time poster. Ive owned multiple 6.0s but Just picked up an 08 D*****d 6.4 that has been a real problem child. Now that i got the entire top end rebuilt shes running strong and im lovin it. I am hoping to get some help from any ma guys with sticker HELP. Thanks in advance for info u can give me.

08 diesel

Reaction score
Just to clarify i have installed a complete *** on truck and egr - coolers. I cannot get a sticker due to *** and egr showing not ready after multiple drive cycles. I did also try a manual regen and after 1 hr of regen *** temps never got over 330 deg. so i ended regen cycle. Again any help will be greatly appreciated.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Goood luck bro, massachusetts sucks for this. I’ve been running no sticker for the last year for that reason after I rebuilt my 08.

Supposedly you can pass with one “not ready”. I know two other people with 6.4’s, both if them got stickers by having the e g r on, bulletproof coolers, and a straight pipe. Their tuning showed one “not ready” for the d p f but otherwise said it was fine and they passed. You might want to try a friendly shop with that one though. I never had the valve or coolers on this truck, or I might have done that.

You can check the readiness monitors on a good scantool, iirc my buddy’s versus does it.

Or you find another 6.4, tape a picture of your vin to the windshield, and have your shop run that as yours
Inspections are horrible now. You can’t even get tinted windows through, and I used to all the time.

If it was previously a massachusetts truck just leave the old sticker, you should be able to go a while without anyone noticing. Keep some parts receipts, say you just rebuilt it after it sitting a while and you’re trying to sort out a couple issues to pass inspection (which isn’t even untrue)

Connor M

Reaction score
What tuning are you running? Iirc spar tan didn’t used to show “not ready” at least for the ***.

08 diesel

Reaction score
Running minimax currently set back to stock. My 10 i had ******* but i hear they r done F%$#** epa. So im leary on picking one up.

Connor M

Reaction score
Running minimax currently set back to stock. My 10 i had ******* but i hear they r done F%$#** epa. So im leary on picking one up.

They shut down, they opened up as patriot, the feds got em again in January (i think? Early this year late last year). You won’t be able to use a ******* for anything other than a monitor if you got one.

I’d go with someone tuning on ez lynk right now, it looks like the most forward-compatible device.

Stock tune or stock power level tune? If it’s the stock tune it won’t work right and will set off the monitors. If you know someone with a high end scanner, load up a hot tune and check the readiness monitors it might pass.

Then ask around for a favorable shop, and your best bet is to go talk to them first. Tell them you have one not ready and ask if that will pass. Tell them you saw online it would or whatever.

Just be honest, most inspection stations aren’t out there to be cops, a lot of the mechanics are enthusiasts. Most places will tell you they won’t pass your truck instead of slapping an R on it.

08 diesel

Reaction score
no tune truck to stock. no cel just readiness monitor stating "not ready" i have d p f on and intake with egr on. just cool missing. i will try hot tune and see what happens. ive heard about easy link i will have to look into that. thanks alot for the ideas and advice. greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Members online