B code v.s. Hybrid

thuglike

Reaction score
Just curious how high you have seen that envelope pushed? I know of at least a couple running A's and B's in the high 3k range with no issues.

How bout stock injectors runnin' 4200....without issue...at all. Jason knows the rig...(Kenny's) Kenny was actually gonna go out to HRT place for some testing but I don't think they ever hooked up.

On my injectors I gained 18hp going from 3200 to 3800 but lost 1 mph and 2 tenths on the track.

I keep my ICP at 31-3200 my rig seems to run best at wot right there.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
How bout stock injectors runnin' 4200....without issue...at all. Jason knows the rig...(Kenny's) Kenny was actually gonna go out to HRT place for some testing but I don't think they ever hooked up.

On my injectors I gained 18hp going from 3200 to 3800 but lost 1 mph and 2 tenths on the track.

Yeah we never ended up meeting up - we both got busy and then when we did almost finalize plans - I blew up Nate's bench testing something out. Literally - I wasted the pump and melted fittings and blew all the oil out across the floor - I am shocked that he still lets me in the building. LOL

juniort444e

Reaction score
Yeah we never ended up meeting up - we both got busy and then when we did almost finalize plans - I blew up Nate's bench testing something out. Literally - I wasted the pump and melted fittings and blew all the oil out across the floor - I am shocked that he still lets me in the building. LOL

I was going to stop by one of these days and talk about some stuff but after this post i dont think i will ever drive through ohio again.

TyCorr

Reaction score
A better question is why would you ever command that kinda ICP, when you can buy off the shelve injectors that will flow enough for 600 HP in 2ms of PW.

I have a hunch there are tuners who would call for that regardless of the inj capability. Just because "thats how you do it".

Afaic, if you can get a pump that'll supply a rock solid 3k all day long then it doesnt matter much.

thuglike

Reaction score
TyCorr;119719[B said:
]I have a hunch there are tuners who would call for that regardless of the inj capability[/B]. Just because "thats how you do it".

Afaic, if you can get a pump that'll supply a rock solid 3k all day long then it doesnt matter much.

I have never seen a tuner just call for extreme ICP. It's only called for on a customers request. Jody, my tuner calls for 31-3200 unless you request more.

If you get live tuned he may call for extreme to see if you like it or not but paramiters are usually set by the customer. They are in my case anyway.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have never seen a tuner just call for extreme ICP. It's only called for on a customers request. Jody, my tuner calls for 31-3200 unless you request more.

If you get live tuned he may call for extreme to see if you like it or not but paramiters are usually set by the customer. They are in my case anyway.

If somebody calls and orders from a tuner they wouldnt get anything over 3k? All I was saying is that many of the pumps out there have a note on them that you might have to have your tuner re-write your files as the replacement pump will GIVE them pressures >than 3200, which are normally useless.

Gearhead

Reaction score

Do you know why it dynoed better but ran worse at the track with high ICP? Same reason I preach about needing more injector cc than you really need.....

TyCorr

Reaction score
Do you know why it dynoed better but ran worse at the track with high ICP? Same reason I preach about needing more injector cc than you really need.....

Like at least 50cc more than you think you 'need'? How is it that some trucks will kick a whole bunch of a$$ with 238's but others will do the same with inj's closer to 300? Assuming a nozzle size of 200%. Has it more to do with the engine internals?

fords4life

Reaction score

Good information. That was what I was looking for, some actual data. I never meant for people to think I was a fan of maxing it out all the time, just trying to learn more about the stuff.

00powersmoke

Reaction score
I've been reading this on and off for awhile now. I just got to the end and its like a book someone ripped the last chapter out. What happened to the "super hybrid". Did David get at Brians response. The world may never know.LOL