2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
I did my EGR delete and turbo swap in a day. It took me to long IMO but I had other things going on to.(kids) Started at 8am and drove it at 8pm lol it will not take you that long if you have the time to your self. Also it's nice to have a extra hand pulling and droping the turbos.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Mine took me 8 hours too the first time. I know i could do it faster again but there are just some things you gotta learn the hard way.

Removing the egr right off the bat would be awesome actually

Texas Ag

Reaction score
All,
New to the site, just did this mod with the retro kit from Rudy's a couple of weeks ago. Huge difference from the stock turbo, anyone figured out the tuning piece yet? I was getting about 15 to 16 mpg prior to the swap and my first tank with the new turbo shows 12.5mpg running the numbers. Dash computer tells me 13.2 but did not expect it to be accurate. I pull a 42ft 5th wheel and 12.5 would be fine towing but looking for better numbers running back and forth to work. Also getting the wastegate fault on the DTC's, I am assuming I need a custom tune to remove this permanently. Would appreciate thoughts on best tuning option is SCT the best route or something else.

Thanks,
Clint

Latest posts

Members online