My 6.7 venture

Reaction score
Well some of you know, and for the rest here it is. Have had quite a few 6.7's but I needed one to make parts with and ultimately settle a little personal goal I have. So I bought this. My goal is to make 1000-1200hp this spring and test our max effort engine platform to see how much it will hold with everything we make put in it. If it can make more, I will.

The truck is a 2011 6.7 2wd regular cab. Bought it with 74,99x miles on it. Went out of state to get it since it was a good deal. Loaded a minimax in the dealer parking lot. Drove it home. Started doing some other stuff to it and cleaning it up and beautifying it a little. It needs some body work and paint matching some stuff too.

The truck made it to 75,9xx miles when I pulled it in the shop here the last time because the transmission already lost 4th gear. Sooo, I guess I didn't do it any justice.

eza6a9az.jpg

Pic of the minimax loaded on street tunes for the 5 hour drive home.

nyry2eta.jpg

Once I drove it home I cut off the dpf and it ran with a little turndown for a week. That was fun.

abyga4a5.jpg

Oh did i mention it had a lift gate on it? For sale too.

emapuqa5.jpg

Work truck sexy

6e4u7apy.jpg

e2y6ydus.jpg

nemymage.jpg

Lowered the rear, put some platinum wheels and tires on. Platinum front bumper.

5a5e7unu.jpg

Window tint, they went a little more than I anticipated.

ery6u8a3.jpg

Uh oh

u4ereza8.jpg

u7ygyqar.jpg

So here are some engine plans

R&R rods

Coated and machined pistons

Balanced rotating assembly

HD springs

HD push rods

Either stage one cam or new billets we are working on if they get done in time.

Ported heads

Ported intake manifolds

Dual fuelers

Larger injectors

Head studs

Compounds using our new single kit as a base. 366 hp with a 488 or 491 ish atmo. (These are still subject to change).

A LOT of nitrous. Two stages somewhere in the 3-500hp range. (Don't wanna run out)

A lot of the fine details are left out because we haven't released some of the stuff yet and it's not ready to be. But it will all get put out here on the build once it's done.

Trans is going to be a big factor in the build. We have a custom 2400 stall prototype precision converter. And have been working some logistics with a transmission shop (large name withheld) for parts to build the trans. Currently waiting on a part to be finished and we can get some stuff sent to us so I can get intimate with this 6r.

This wil hopefully be a fun project that will yield some info on what these platforms can do. I will have some cool pics hopefully by the beginning of the week.

Lysons

Reaction score
Well if I said I wasn't excited about this, I would be lying.
I loved the thread for your pulling truck, and I will probably be just an avid a reader on this one.
Can't wait for results and good luck!

durflinger92

Reaction score
Cant wait to see what happens with this build!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
If this build thread goes anything like your last we'll see this thing at the track by Friday. Good luck Morgan! Awesome looking truck too.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
I wanna get in to follow, the pullin truck was awesome to watch come together. also interested what the plans are for the rear... Link'd and big big slicks!?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The tint is going to get you pulled over lol you might as well have just done the whole thing and made it less obvious

Looks good tho morgan i like that truck allot

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Caltracs or asassin bars in the rear should help a ton, and i think i would remove a leaf

Latest posts

Members online