B code v.s. Hybrid

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Without name dropping or causing a giant battle, is there there a way to discuss the pro's and con's of each?

I have heard people that like both.

I've already got big oil, so the B code being oil hungry isnt a problem. This is a discussion of which injector is best (not including what you need to support the injector).

My 250/200 Casserly built hybrids have treated me awesome, but id like to explore a little if a B code is also a good option!

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Dereck do you even have 500 miles on yours.... LOL

i second this. instead of looking to change everything every couple of weeks, you should drive the truck and get some miles on it before trying to compare. Your hybrids will do everything u need them to do.

You could go to PSN and find this exact discussion in several threads i am sure

Reaction score

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Dereck do you even have 500 miles on yours.... LOL
haha they've got about 5k on them now
i second this. instead of looking to change everything every couple of weeks, you should drive the truck and get some miles on it before trying to compare. Your hybrids will do everything u need them to do.

You could go to PSN and find this exact discussion in several threads i am sure
I never said i was going to be switching, but i do want to learn.

More in depth than "oh a hybrid is definitely better". There is a reason some of the higher HP trucks out there are running B codes, sure they take more to support them but there has to be an answer as to why some guys are still making great power on them and havent switched to hybrids.

Are the B codes more street friendly since they are faster at lower RPM's? That seems like it would make sense to me

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Thanks Lott, it's all about how fast you have gone isn't it? If thats it then whatever man, I guess I dont know chit! But from what I do know:

Hybrids can be made to outperform b-codes in almost every aspect if your looking for all out power. A hybrid, with less oil volume required will flat out flow more than a B code.

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65658&highlight=hybrids+vs+codes

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55130&highlight=hybrids+vs+codes
You posted as if you knew from experience, how fast I have gone has nothing to do with it. How many sets of each I have tried in my own personal trucks and in many many customers trucks however gives me lots of real world experience with each.
haha they've got about 5k on them now

I never said i was going to be switching, but i do want to learn.

More in depth than "oh a hybrid is definitely better". There is a reason some of the higher HP trucks out there are running B codes, sure they take more to support them but there has to be an answer as to why some guys are still making great power on them and havent switched to hybrids.

Are the B codes more street friendly since they are faster at lower RPM's? That seems like it would make sense to me

They can be both made to run very well, however as stated above the B codes have an advantage in a DD at the lower RPM's although I have not found an upper RPM limit. I do have some 400 hybrids from Swamps that I will be doing a lil comparing with though.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
You posted as if you knew from experience, how fast I have gone has nothing to do with it. How many sets of each I have tried in my own personal trucks and in many many customers trucks however gives me lots of real world experience with each.

They can be both made to run very well, however as stated above the B codes have an advantage in a DD at the lower RPM's although I have not found an upper RPM limit. I do have some 400 hybrids from Swamps that I will be doing a lil comparing with though.

So if a guy has big oil and the means to fully support a set of large B codes with nozzles, they'd be better off than running a hybrid? In your opinion at least?

I think it'd be nice to try a set and compare to my 250/200 hybrids

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Ill never have the fastest truck, i just want the most i can get.

Ive got big oil and that seems like the biggest downfall to B codes is you NEED big oil, so what are the negatives to them other than oil hungry?

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Whose/what injectors do the fastest and quickest 7.3's in the courty run? That's all you need to know

If one were building an all out race truck and/or had the OP asked which injector to build the fastest truck with then your post would be relevant.
Same goes for the other post that offered little if any useful info to the OP's inquiry.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
If one were building an all out race truck and/or had the OP asked which injector to build the fastest truck with then your post would be relevant.
Same goes for the other post that offered little if any useful info to the OP's inquiry.

Oh hush.

Hybrids excel in key areas of performance, ability and cost over b-codes. Sowwie

Btw, I'll be in Houstin all weekend. Feel free to come say high in whatever 13 second truck you have now and take me for a ride LOL

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
So i guess thats helpful information, although no one has really given personal experience in it.

Less smoke and better mileage with a B code?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
So i guess thats helpful information, although no one has really given personal experience in it.

Less smoke and better mileage with a B code?

Due to pressure drops contained inside the injector - if you had three injectors, one an A-code, one a B-code, and one a hybrid - and all three were IDENTICAL other than the injection ratio - the A-code would preform with the highest injection pressure at low ICP, long PW conditions - the Hybrid would perform with the highest injection pressure at high ICP, low PW conditions - and the B-code would be a somewhere in between on both accounts. A b-code makes for a nice well rounded injector - and A-code makes a great low end, beginner injector, and a hybrid makes a good all out performance injector.

Jason

Latest posts

Members online