Injector misfire, lots of new parts

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
This is going to be a long story but I'm hoping someone can give me some fresh ideas.

My dad did some work on his pickup and for some reason had the engine harness unplugged from the uvch and got a piece of the foil off the hvac box in the connector before he put it back together. The pickup started but of course having a direct short in that side it was only running on 5-6 cylinders. I found the foil that caused the issue and removed it. Started it back up, same issue. I put in new uvch and wiring. Issue remained, so I replaced the idm. Issue remained, I then ohmed out the harness from the IDM to the injectors and it ohmed out fine. Swapped the injectors that were showing misfire and the problem stays with that cylinder. Compression tested the cylinder 365psi. Replaced the pcm, and the issue remained. Anyone have any other ideas to try here. I'm pretty well stumped

Zeb

Reaction score
I know you say it ohms fine from the IDM to the injectors, but what about the possibility of the foil having pushed the female side (engine harness side) of the pin back and you actually don’t have power getting to the injector?

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I know you say it ohms fine from the IDM to the injectors, but what about the possibility of the foil having pushed the female side (engine harness side) of the pin back and you actually don’t have power getting to the injector?

Forgot to add I swapped the engine harness with his 2000 and no change, 2000 runs fine with the harness that was on this engine when it happened. I'm beginning to think a can full of gas and a hand full of matches lol.

tomlin

Reaction score
What work was originally being done? I think you looking in the right place. Have you swapped the valve cover gasket since the foil incident?

mandkole

Reaction score
You’ve confirmed the engine harness is ok. Good. Used OE UVCHs? How did the buzz test turn out? Does it still show no power to those injs? Has he run the motor w the VC off and jiggled the wires? 50 cent mod?

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Valve cover gaskets and uvch are all new, harness is good. I'm stumped, I work on these things all the time and this one is getting the best of me. Ive been messing with it off and on for months

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
It's more of a studder than a misfire. Has contribution code for 3 and 8. Problem stays at cyl 3, already swapped some injectors around

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.