Excursion has CEL after s363 install

bigfords

Reaction score
Ever since I took my air intake heater off, and my stock Turbo off, I can't seem to get rid of a couple codes on my Excursion. I do not have this trouble on my truck. Does anybody know how to get rid of the codes so my check engine light stays off? If I recall correctly the codes are for the ebpv, turbo wastegate actuator, and air intake heater. I'm guessing that I can trick the PCM using resistors but was wondering if somebody has the information I need. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
A little off subject but what size injectors are you running with your s363? Also what size exhaust housing?

I'm having a hard time deciding between the s363 with a 1.0 exhaust housing or a s364.5 with a .91 exhaust housing. I have 160/30s. Any info would be appreciated.

The Brad

Reaction score
Ever since I took my air intake heater off, and my stock Turbo off, I can't seem to get rid of a couple codes on my Excursion. I do not have this trouble on my truck. Does anybody know how to get rid of the codes so my check engine light stays off? If I recall correctly the codes are for the ebpv, turbo wastegate actuator, and air intake heater. I'm guessing that I can trick the PCM using resistors but was wondering if somebody has the information I need. Thanks!

As far as the wastegate actuator, I left mine plugged in the valley. With the red and green lines pulled off, its not much bigger than a resistor plug would be.

A little off subject but what size injectors are you running with your s363? Also what size exhaust housing?

I'm having a hard time deciding between the s363 with a 1.0 exhaust housing or a s364.5 with a .91 exhaust housing. I have 160/30s. Any info would be appreciated.

Lakebum on here is running a 364.5/74/.91 on stock injectors and loves it for towing.

LakeBum

Reaction score
Lakebum on here is running a 364.5/74/.91 on stock injectors and loves it for towing.

+1, its nice to be able to tow in a hotter tow tune tunes vs a 'heavy tow tune' and not worry about EGTs.

TMMCOY has 175/80s with a 364.5/68/.91 and he too loves his for towing.

With your 160/30s, skip the 363 and enjoy the 364.5.

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info guys. I just liked the thought of running a larger exhaust housing with the 363 rather than a .91 with the 364.5. Either way ill be going with a 74 turbine. Thanks again. Sorry for the derail.

bigfords

Reaction score
Really like my 363 in the Excursion but I think with anything bigger than stock nozzle I would go 364.5.
I've got a 366 in my truck with 230/100s and that too works very well!

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
I have an old style s366 now. Nothing special about it. No billet wheel or anything and I'm pretty happy with it. I am planning to do a 5 speed swap soon and want the best turbo possible for my setup.

I was leaning toward the 363 because I like the thought of opening up the exhaust side a little bit with a 1.0 exhaust housing. Ill be calling Barder before making a purchase. Thanks for the info guys. Merry Christmas.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have an old style s366 now. Nothing special about it. No billet wheel or anything and I'm pretty happy with it. I am planning to do a 5 speed swap soon and want the best turbo possible for my setup.

I was leaning toward the 363 because I like the thought of opening up the exhaust side a little bit with a 1.0 exhaust housing. Ill be calling Barder before making a purchase. Thanks for the info guys. Merry Christmas.
Why would you swap to a 5sp?

live life full throttle

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
I hate the way my auto shifts. I have hated it ever since I bought it. The po had it rebuilt and beefed up a bit and it shifts way to hard for my liking. I also hate when it shifts. Sometimes I'm sitting there thinking shift you pos. Some times I'm like why the *** did it shift already. I have since installed a John Woods valve body and had the tunes reworked twice. I still hate how it shifts. I'm also a little worried its gonna need a rebuild before to long and would hate to drop 5k on a tranny and still hate the way it shifts.

This truck is not my daily driver. Its main purpose is to haul my camp trailer. I like the thought of having a bit more control with the manual. I have already bought a donor truck. I plan to keep all my auto stuff in case I ever decide to switch it back.

DieselDC

Reaction score
I suppose in the truck it throws a soft code and there is no visible engine light. I have always had those codes and I don’t pay attention to them. You could always put a resister across them to get rid of the soft codes.

Updates on what you did to fix them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselDC

Reaction score
I hate the way my auto shifts. I have hated it ever since I bought it. The po had it rebuilt and beefed up a bit and it shifts way to hard for my liking. I also hate when it shifts. Sometimes I'm sitting there thinking shift you pos. Some times I'm like why the *** did it shift already. I have since installed a John Woods valve body and had the tunes reworked twice. I still hate how it shifts. I'm also a little worried its gonna need a rebuild before to long and would hate to drop 5k on a tranny and still hate the way it shifts.

This truck is not my daily driver. Its main purpose is to haul my camp trailer. I like the thought of having a bit more control with the manual. I have already bought a donor truck. I plan to keep all my auto stuff in case I ever decide to switch it back.

It was rebuilt all wrong. If it shifts hard - you’re gonna break something. Difference btwn firm and crisp vs hard. Hard shifts will break even them billet inputs and drums.

What I suggest is take it to a transmission guy that can take a look inside and fix it. The vb you got is good and has nothing to do with what you had now since you put it on and it still shifts like chit - just my deduction anyways.

Been driving manuals all my life and just down right too lazy to shift anymore. I’ll do a built Allison later :)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Sorry to hear that. Something is ***ed up if you cant get trans tunes worked out the way you like them to be.. if its that bad then shift it manually. Lol.. be less of a hassle then swapping in a zf.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It was rebuilt all wrong. If it shifts hard - you’re gonna break something. Difference btwn firm and crisp vs hard. Hard shifts will break even them billet inputs and drums.

What I suggest is take it to a transmission guy that can take a look inside and fix it. The vb you got is good and has nothing to do with what you had now since you put it on and it still shifts like chit - just my deduction anyways.

Been driving manuals all my life and just down right too lazy to shift anymore. I’ll do a built Allison later :)

Allison? Dafuq you say?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online