One touch up and down?

Bad_company

Reaction score
After having a 2016 tacoma with one touch up and down on both passenger and driver switches to now having an 06 f250 lariat with on touch DOWN ONLY on driver window only... was there ever an option for one touch up and down for these trucks?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bad_company

Reaction score
Sorry one touch UP AND DOWN for BOTH driver and passenger windows?

Jomax

Reaction score
This is on thing I think is sad lol. My brothers 2010 Tdi Jetta had it on all four doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
There used to be some aftermarket module that you could buy so that you would only have to hold the window button down a hair longer than a press. But idk if it ever worked for up.

Bad_company

Reaction score
I think its called automatic windows.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Yes i get that.... did they have the option for auto up and down for driver and passenger windows is my question...

Jomax

Reaction score
They didn’t come from the factory with that till 2008 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad_company

Reaction score
Bummer... is there a way to run 08 regulators and switches on an 06?

Emery19

Reaction score
You may be able to grab a driver side auto down switch for your year or older and put it in for at least auto down. The ranger guys used to do that all the time. I think auto down for both front windows wasn’t standard until 2011. Who knows when they started auto up. My truck only has auto down on driver side and it’s an 08. I’m going to try the switch for my 08 and see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GregW

Reaction score
The easiest way to get one-touch windows would be with this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H4N1Y2O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_32QjAbXPTHV1G

I've used them in a few cars in the past and never had a problem. One module will add one touch up & down for 2 windows. You can also tie it in with an aftermarket alarm to automatically roll the windows up when it's locked. I'll be putting one in my 08 over the holidays.

Bad_company

Reaction score
Where do you mount? Come with wiring instructions!?

GregW

Reaction score
You can see the wiring instructions here: https://pdf.ampire.de/directed/535T_englisch.pdf

It's relatively straight forward. You wire it to constant +12v and ground. Then cut the wires between the switch and window motor and wire this in line with it. The rest of the wiring (for alarm triggers) can be ignored if you just want to use it for the one-touch feature

Latest posts

Members online