DPC converter

Rsvrrider

Reaction score
Recently had my engine and trans rebuilt. Also went with a DPC converter, stage 2 cam, no limit intake and 72mm atmo. My question is for people with the same converter; did you notice part throttle driving being much less responsive/ slower? I’ve never driven anything win a higher stall, and while the truck was down I was driving my car with a five speed so I don’t know if it’s all in my head from driving a stick car and the sound of the intake, but it seems like it takes a lot more pedal for the same acceleration from stopped.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
You went higher stall than stock for a 72mm Atmo?

Rule of thumb we always moved the stall down on 6.4 trucks with factory/factory appearing compounds to help improve throttle response and driving quality.

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
I went with the stock stall because I wasn’t sure which turbo I was going with it does good and mine added a small amount of throttle sensitivity the only problem with mine is at speeds above 65 when I get off the throttle then back on it had a vibration when it’s in between no power and power if that makes any sense ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsvrrider

Reaction score
I’m not sure of the stall, ordered from Rudy’s and the website didn’t say anything. I had it shipped to the builder so I never even saw it.

Thank you for your response Jared, usually I do way more research before buying, however got to the point he was waiting for the converter so I ordered at like 3am while I was at work because I was too anxious to get my truck back

Jsexton

Reaction score
This is my experience my help or may not, but my truck is a 6.4 with a 467.7 and I built trans with a dpc tq, converter with a high stall 2600 with GH tunes. I'll try to explain my situation as best as i can iam no mechanic .... for my truck with a high stall I would have to race the truck from stop light to stop light for the charger to light the transmission seem loose , also I would get a fluid sloshing sound and in 4 gear...
I know haveing a bigger single turbo the motor need to spin more to light the charger. All that being said I went back in forth with GH until they said they could do nothing more for me... so I change to Tyrant tunes..
I the truck runs awsome I have power down low the trans seems tight and what I mean by the the is no more the fluid sloshing sound in 4 gearlock, also not to matching I was just about to take all injectors out and have them sent off to be tested die to the extreme loud injector rattle.. and with the new tunes the truck has no injector rattle at all.
All that being said check the tuneing....

Rsvrrider

Reaction score
Thank you sir, sounds like we are experiencing very similar issues. I actually have been considering trying out someone else’s tunes.

btoler4th

Reaction score
Experienced similar issues to an extent when my truck was finally resurrected. Similarly built trans from Don and stock stall, bigger atmo etc. Had to get revised tunes, (2 or 3 engine and trans tunes). My issue was resolved with more low boost fueling. Once it was dialed in it absolutely rips, and is fairly clean. From my understanding, and I might be wrong...He is very conservative down low. If you're on stock stall with that atmo you should have a very nice set up with smooth drivability with flawless shifts. GH trans tunes are on point.

btoler4th

Reaction score
I forgot to ad fwiw that I have found best driving characteristics on the hybrid trans file. Stays on top of converter nicely.

Jsexton

Reaction score
Awsome so with your setup you still use GH tunes.
But they added or increased the low boost fueling...
And did you has for the hybrid trans files..

btoler4th

Reaction score
Awsome so with your setup you still use GH tunes.
But they added or increased the low boost fueling...
And did you has for the hybrid trans files..

With GH you get 3 engine and 3 trans files. The hybrid was a selection out of the three trans files. They increased my low boost fueling on eng file, and adjusted the trans file- it was flaring btwn shifts at low speed( for example in parking lots/ anything under 15-20mph iirc).

After a few revisions, and operator feedback I'm exactly where I want to be. I leave it on performance setting wether I'm towing my 5'r or stretching it's legs from a dig.
Egts are great, and life is good.

Latest posts

Members online