ARP vs Extreme Studs

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well we are going to try a few sets of these out. Just ordered some 6.0 and some 6.4 stuff and will hopefully have results sometime this month!

What results do you expect to get ? I think the best result is no result and that's only with time. They work out of the box , and I have them going in some pretty strong trucks , and 15-20 so far installed with no issue.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
What results do you expect to get ? I think the best result is no result and that's only with time. They work out of the box , and I have them going in some pretty strong trucks , and 15-20 so far installed with no issue.

Come on haha clearly not talking about them failing. More of a reaction to the quality out of the box. They are pretty new so the more opinions based off real experience the better.
I would hope they "work" out of the box haha. But we both know that people want to read about a good experience with a company, and I will provide that if they turn out to be as good as advertised.

Now get us that damn intake already so we can push them hard as possible!

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
They aren't new though. Same thing they have been doing for what? 20 years? I think since 96.. They have been in the big tractor pulling world, just now into truck studs

Twan

Reaction score
I know I seen it on this form somewhere but I cant find it again.
What was the stock head bolts, ARP, h13, vs custom aged ARP's
ARP 190,000 psi
H13 240,000 psi
custom aged 250,000 psi right?

Thanks

Mdub707

Reaction score

Come on haha clearly not talking about them failing. More of a reaction to the quality out of the box. They are pretty new so the more opinions based off real experience the better.
I would hope they "work" out of the box haha. But we both know that people want to read about a good experience with a company, and I will provide that if they turn out to be as good as advertised.

Now get us that damn intake already so we can push them hard as possible!

Even if someone blows gaskets, no one is going to point at the studs. There's always so many questions revolving around a failed headgasket job.... rarely does anyone point fingers at the studs.

imelmo

Reaction score
I vote someone should try the 6.0 extreme stud at 600+ hp with a VGT. Put them in a situation where the ARP's seem to not do so well.

See how they hold up where the ARPs struggled and that is an end all to a conversation that continues to repeat itself.

Ordering a set for ZMBYKLR today once Mikey wakes up. :D

imelmo

Reaction score
Might as well, he's already beat the "stuffing" out of it lol.

LOL LOL LOL

1D8C2746-63BF-4E0B-85C9-E29003578129_zpswgypbotp.jpg

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I know I seen it on this form somewhere but I cant find it again.
What was the stock head bolts, ARP, h13, vs custom aged ARP's
ARP 190,000 psi
H13 240,000 psi
custom aged 250,000 psi right?

Thanks

This is the info I found... but it seems to vary depending on the source

standard ARPs: torque = 215 and psi tensile = 220,000
H11 and H13: torque = 185 and psi tensile = 240,000
ARP 625s: torque = 265 and psi tensile = 260,000

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I am excited to see the results of these studs also. I hope they help longterm.

A lot of guys I know pushing higher HP do not just blow their gaskets rights away. They usually run fine for a while. Then they get a little bit of puking and usually replace the cap hoping for a miracle, then a month or so later they find out their gaskets are toast... I am excited for people to get some extra time on these studs

Latest posts

Members online