Transmission gushing fluid.

brian89

Reaction score
Transmission got extremely hot and now all it does is piss fluid out from near the converter. What do I need to replace or look at?

DieselDC

Reaction score
Got too hot so it’s puking fluids. Not good. Put a transmission cooler on it and call it good. Cross your fingers that’s all you lll need. Next step is a rebuild.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You probably spit the converter seal out, as mentioned. A lot of times when that happens the converter will chew up the pump bushing, and it will damage both the pump and converter.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^WHS-- yep, it got real hot. If it's getting that hot, it needs to come out anyway. You should run cool with a stock 6.0 cooler, a good converter, and good converter control valving.

brian89

Reaction score
It hit 250* in about an hour of driving. Obviously it's coming out, I just don't have the space to let it sit for days apart. TC seal I kind of figured, what should I be looking for on the pump? It still moves just fine, but pisses fluid the whole time.

DieselDC

Reaction score
If it does that even when you let it cool then my suggestion of a cooler is mute at this point. You’re gonna need to take the beast apart. Look at the tc seal and the pump. If it salvageable when repaired, you might be safe. If not, don’t bother and do a rebuild (you don’t want to reinstall then have to take it apart a second time for a rebuild)

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It hit 250* in about an hour of driving. Obviously it's coming out, I just don't have the space to let it sit for days apart. TC seal I kind of figured, what should I be looking for on the pump? It still moves just fine, but pisses fluid the whole time.
Check the pump bushing for scoring or any other major damage. If it ****ed it up, it should be fairly obvious. Check the snout of the converter for any damage that you can feel with your fingernail. Scoring that you can feel with your nail or a small pick or something like that wont seal.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online