Clutch

Michael10

Reaction score
Well guys on my way to work this morning shifting from 4th to 5th my clutch pedal stayed in the disengaged postion(down not really sure what could of caused that any ideas

QtrHorse

Reaction score
If you mean it stayed on the floor, it is most likely the hydraulic clutch assembly. Mine did that and it was the hydraulic assembly.

It's a complete pre-bleed unit you have to buy from Ford.

Michael10

Reaction score
yeah it was just weird of how it did it its not like i was gettin on it real hard just crusin.

but thanks for the advice i will check in to that this weekend got four days off

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I would bet hydraulics to. If the clutch stayed on the floor it wouldn't matter if it was a 1 to 2 shift, it would be a clutch/ hydraulics related problem.

Michael10

Reaction score
Yeah she was just a little low. I meant to say it got a lucas clutch and fly wheel but sense the problem is fixed now i dont matter

QtrHorse

Reaction score
Mine failed completely about a year after I had to add fluid the first time. I had to add a very small amount of fluid twice in that year. It's a somewhat cheap easy preventative maintenance/ fix before it leaves you dead at a light.

Michael10

Reaction score
Well im hoping the truck will be under the knife in the next couple of mouths for mods so i will just fix it then along with beefin up the trans

QtrHorse

Reaction score
What are you going to do to beef up a ZF6 and why? I have not heard of one breaking unless it was a lemon.

Latest posts

Members online