Questions about rudys diesel new tunes x4

Jobsi

Reaction score
Hey guys been on for awhile always reading this is my first post
I have a 15 ccsb
I'm getting ready to go on a diet . Is anyone running rudys new tunes with a x4 especially for a 15 ? Are they good? any issues ? Everything work as it should ?good power ? Shifting? Good tow tune? Etc
Should I just get gh ?

I spoke to them the other day and they will have sotf available in a few weeks but would give me the non sotf tunes until sotf is available.
They will not really give much info on who does the tunning can't really blame them. I was going with them cause they where giving me a good price on the stuff I need for a diet and a titan tank

Any help would be appreciated

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
i have their SOTF tune purchased and already downloaded onto my X4 but unfortunately between work and personal stuff I haven't had the chance to upload the tune and hard wire in the switch just yet but...

i can say that i purchased their PIP tunes on the X4 originally back in March of 2016 and they're good tunes. transmission can be a little when hard shifting if you don't do a proper trans relearn and then go kinda easy on it while driving on the first couple hundred miles (ie: don't drive like a dumbass everywhere). currently i'm running the extreme tune and it's an awesome tune just for daily driving with great MPG. i feel that the tow or street tunes are much safer for towing heavy however but if you baby it while towing a couple times you should be fine. towing is the only reason I even bought the SOTF switch. if you're worried about any smoke then don't run the extreme tune. the street tune only smoked if you punched it.

as far as support Rudy's staff is always nice and will usually respond fairly quick. but I like that No Limit's crowd is always on here helping out so GH tunes wouldn't be a bad choice either

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys been on for awhile always reading this is my first post
I have a 15 ccsb
I'm getting ready to go on a diet . Is anyone running rudys new tunes with a x4 especially for a 15 ? Are they good? any issues ? Everything work as it should ?good power ? Shifting? Good tow tune? Etc
Should I just get gh ?

I spoke to them the other day and they will have sotf available in a few weeks but would give me the non sotf tunes until sotf is available.
They will not really give much info on who does the tunning can't really blame them. I was going with them cause they where giving me a good price on the stuff I need for a diet and a titan tank

Any help would be appreciated

call us. we'll get you the best tunes period , at the best prices !

95cobby

Reaction score
Never bought anything from them but I wouldn't buy from Rudy's simply because they won't tell you who's tunes they are. Have always gotten my stuff from NL and I'm a happy camper, hit up Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rt-hemiboy

Reaction score
Any updates as of who is writing the tunes or how are they performing?? Im looking to get and x4 they have on ebay with pipe and all for a very good price

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
The tunes are basically the same as the PIP tunes they've been selling. Just been running the highest setting so far with no issues. I'm happy so far. still need to tow something heavy. Attached is a pic of where and how I mounted the switch they include. It was fairly simple

Attachments

• IMG_2511.jpg
    IMG_2511.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

95cobby

Reaction score
That's gotta be a pain to reach in there for the switch

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
That's gotta be a pain to reach in there for the switch

no not really... i only switch it when i hook up to the trailer once or twice a week. works fine for me and keeps it outta sight should i not want someone to notice it. now it might not be ideal for everyone but it's exactly how i wanted it

Jomax

Reaction score
GH hands down!!!!! Truck has 92k miles tuned since 40k miles, NEVER leaves the race tune. Even towing, trans is still perfect.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
GH hands down!!!!! Truck has 92k miles tuned since 40k miles, NEVER leaves the race tune. Even towing, trans is still perfect.

hey jomax side note... have you changed your trans fluid and filter fairly often? I bought my truck used with 94K miles and I know the last owner did so once or twice he claimed (he's a fairly anal shop owner so i wanna believe him). i know it's probably about time to do so again as well as the differentials' fluids

95cobby

Reaction score
hey jomax side note... have you changed your trans fluid and filter fairly often? I bought my truck used with 94K miles and I know the last owner did so once or twice he claimed (he's a fairly anal shop owner so i wanna believe him). i know it's probably about time to do so again as well as the differentials' fluids

Pretty sure he does his every 10k or so

Jomax

Reaction score

I drain the trans from the drain plug every 10k. Every 20k, I drop the pan, clean the magnetic(very little is any material is on it) and change the filter. I've done it since new. I'm sure this has helped my trans last.

Truck doesn't get driven easy. It has sled pulled and drags races often. I have about 30 passes down track and a ton more on Mexico roads.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I drain the trans from the drain plug every 10k. Every 20k, I drop the pan, clean the magnetic(very little is any material is on it) and change the filter. I've done it since new. I'm sure this has helped my trans last.

Truck doesn't get driven easy. It has sled pulled and drags races often. I have about 30 passes down track and a ton more on Mexico roads.

proud of you buddy ! truck is awesome , minus that there fender issue . LOL

Jomax

Reaction score
proud of you buddy ! truck is awesome , minus that there fender issue . LOL

Thanks Mikey! I think I'm one of the first to make it this long on a 15+ trans at this power level. Got to give thanks to your tuning!

Got a quote for the damage, $850. Not to bad considering.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score

gotcha thanks that's an extremely disciplined maintenance schedule. I'm just happy to change the oil & fuel filters every 5-6k lol. but again thanks, i'm going to look into the trans fluid & filter change

Jomax

Reaction score
gotcha thanks that's an extremely disciplined maintenance schedule. I'm just happy to change the oil & fuel filters every 5-6k lol. but again thanks, i'm going to look into the trans fluid & filter change

Yup, I try.
Engine every 10k (LE oil)
Fuel filters 10k

Trans 10k

Transfer case every 20k

Rear end every 30k

Front axle 50k

Coolant every 36k

Brake fluid every 36k

PS fluid every 36k

I think I got all the fluid. Lol

04cr450

Reaction score
Gotcha beat on oIL change intervals I do 5k(not on this truck it it doesn't even have 5k on it yet but my other trucks i do):swordfight: I am switching to LE though before I make the trip to ucc.
That pm schedule you posted is perfect esp for an everyday driver

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Gotcha beat on oIL change intervals I do 5k(not on this truck it it doesn't even have 5k on it yet but my other trucks i do):swordfight: I am switching to LE though before I make the trip to ucc.
That pm schedule you posted is perfect esp for an everyday driver

LOL. But LE _@ 10k is better then Mobil 1 at 5k

Latest posts

Members online