Votes: 27 22.7%
  • Red Alert

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • REDiculous

Votes: 12 10.1%

• Total voters

907DAVE

Reaction score
Trans is back together and converted showed today.

vuqu2epy.jpg

a6e2a5un.jpg

vyne9a9y.jpg

I do have a question though. The converter came with a different spring for the pump, but that spring has already been replaced with the transgo unit. Am I safe to just leave the transgo spring, or should I pull the pump and put the other one in there?

907DAVE

Reaction score
I was able to get the tranny installed this morning. Working alone sometimes presents challenges when trying to maneuver heavy items, here is a trick I have been doing the past few years to get the tranny up onto the jack.

20130512_083724_zpsff320c25.jpg

The new converter feels much "tighter" than the previous and really changes how the truck feels on the street. Its very easy to spin the tires from a stop or roll on now. The rest of the trans feels pretty solid, but I will need to tweak shift pressures down a bit under part throttle and hold the TC lockup off a few MPH. Overall, the initial impressions are good!

907DAVE

Reaction score
Its crazy how the truck accelerates so much harder with the TC unlocked now. Of course some of this could be attributed to the failing clutches, but its very noticeable.

I got the tuning adjusted a little better and added some torque reduction to keep things happy under full power. I am sure it will hurt track times (if I ever get it there) but hopefully it reduces some of the shock load that breaks parts.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I bet its more in the converter than anything. I really miss the efficiency of my PI converter. Once this 5r110 converter locks its fine, but until then it feels so mushy as I am used to the BTS in my 7.3

Sounds like you have really got the thing dialed in nicely!

907DAVE

Reaction score
Probably is. Not sure how the turbos are going to like it though.

I tried to do a stall test and the tires lit effortlessly at @1900ish. Tomorrow I will throw it into 4x4 and try a boost launch and see how it does.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Probably is. Not sure how the turbos are going to like it though.

I tried to do a stall test and the tires lit effortlessly at @1900ish. Tomorrow I will throw it into 4x4 and try a boost launch and see how it does.

have someone video it!

live life full throttle

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I need a PI :(

All the cool kids have them

Nifty trick lifting the trans.

What if you don't have a hoist tho..... Canada doesn't have those yet :)