The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
The time has come for me to correct GM's major failure with their Silverado HD truck line - the crappy IFS front end. My solution: an '05 Superduty Dana 60 front axle, 4 link suspension, Icon coilovers, a Ford NP273 transfer case - plus some additional changes like 7" lift, a Dodge AAM 11.5 rear axle (larger and thicker tubes than the Chevy version), plus some cosmetic upgrades to get rid of the pappy farm truck look.

As it sits:

2936521270088936788pIykvO_fs.jpg

Four link parts supplied by XXX Traction:

2683633540088936788upZvxF_fs.jpg

Rear Axle:

2106177350088936788rqcDGS_fs.jpg

Front axle (and a bunch of random junk):

2767587530088936788oisRJN_fs.jpg

Not pictured is the hydro assist steering components, the new skid plate, and who knows how many little doo dads and widgets. Bryan (01Dmax) is doing me a huge favor and stripping the front end apart while I am at work - so hopefully I'll be plasma cutting brackets off the truck tonight.

This is an upgrade that is being done out of necessity - I've plum wore out the IFS components taking it "easy" on this truck - I'm tired of taking it easy and to repair the IFS with all new joints everywhere just to take it easy on them again was not appealing to me.

Last edited:

TRUBBS

Reaction score
The time has come for me to correct GM's major failure with their Silverado HD truck line - the crappy IFS front end. My solution: an '05 Superduty Dana 60 front axle, 4 link suspension, Icon coilovers, a Ford NP273 transfer case - plus some additional changes like 7" lift, a Dodge AAM 11.5 rear axle (larger and thicker tubes than the Chevy version), plus some cosmetic upgrades to get rid of the pappy farm truck look.

As it sits:

Four link parts supplied by XXX Traction:

Rear Axle:

Front axle (and a bunch of random junk):

Not pictured is the hydro assist steering components, the new skid plate, and who knows how many little doo dads and widgets. Bryan (01Dmax) is doing me a huge favor and stripping the front end apart while I am at work - so hopefully I'll be plasma cutting brackets off the truck tonight.

This is an upgrade that is being done out of necessity - I've plum wore out the IFS components taking it "easy" on this truck - I'm tired of taking it easy and to repair the IFS with all new joints everywhere just to take it easy on them again was not appealing to me.

Sweet!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I already have the hubs and rotors modified for the 8x6.5 pattern. I'll post pictures when I get to working on the front axle.

Cody

Reaction score
How did you go about doing that Jason? Got a parts list :D or is it a slew of machine work?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I already have the hubs and rotors modified for the 8x6.5 pattern. I'll post pictures when I get to working on the front axle.

A buddy of mine down here in TN used 97 ford D60 outers on the SD front end he put under his wifes Fummins.

You go that route or do something different?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Nice! I actually prefer IFS, so much easier to work on and imo lasts just as long with a few upgraded parts.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I don't know what people are doin to solid axles where you're from, but I've yet to see any auto makers IFS stand up to half the stuff a solid axle shruggs off.

Latest posts

Members online