(Purpose): The purpose of this thread isn’t really intended for
anything but to give a technical review (as best as I can) of my first
initial impressions of some Renegade Diesel 190cc injectors with 100%
nozzles and how they run with my truck. I will be updating this thread
as I accrue mileage on my truck and dyno test my truck with not only
my current setup but as I progress with larger turbos over the next
couple of months. This will help attest not only to the longevity of
their Injectors but also to what kind of power these injectors are
capable of producing with various size turbos.

(Impressions): Well I received the injectors but couldn’t install them
because I had family in town and I had to get my AD150 w/fuel bowl
delete done installed so I could be confident that I would have enough
fuel for these 190/100s. I ended up having some upgrades not go as
planned and thus it ended up taking longer than I expected to get them
installed. Once installed, I cranked the truck until it started up, it
didn’t take very long to start (about 3 good 10-15 second cranks) and
aside from the one cough of smoke, and the truck didn’t even lope and
idled just great. This was with Chris’s SPD tune.
I need to take a step back here. I wanted to give these injectors the
best opportunity for success that I could, so that is why I did the

(Conclusion): Well I definitely have no complaints about these
injectors and really can’t say enough good things about how well the
truck runs with them in. I really believe that as long as these things
hold out for the long haul, I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t want to
run these in their truck. I can’t mention anything about pricing but
believe me it is VERY competitive. I should note here that I am
sending my original injectors back in for modification into 190/100s
(since I am currently using their injectors right now) and then when I
receive them back I will swap them out and send the ones in my truck
back in. They do have the ability to flow test injectors. I don’t know
if there is an additional cost or not if a customer wants them flow
tested because the flow testing is not actually done right there. The
injectors I put in were not flow tested but I am going to work to get
my injectors that I send back in for modifying and re-swapping back
out flow tested as I think it will definitely help boost confidence in
a new comer to the injector building market. I think it is also
important to note that there were some well-known injector builders
who started out building injectors and didn’t provide any flow data
but had very satisfied customers.
Well these are my initial impressions and are everything I can think
of. I will be updating this thread as I try my other tunes and as I
drive the truck with these injectors so I can speak to the longevity
of their performance. I will also update this thread with dyno results
in this current configuration and as I start testing larger turbos. In
my opinion, this will help demonstrate the consistency in quality
control of his modification process. I am also planning to upgrade my
turbo to a modified Dmax Stage 2 (Garrett 4094VA) turbo and take the
truck with Adrian (Madpowerstroke) to Bill @ PHP to see what kind of
horse power we can lay down on his dyno. If anyone has any questions
that you would like further applification on, please just post on here
and I will answer what I can.

GIZMO6.0

Reaction score
Cool deal! I installed a set of 190's in a customer's truck and after we got some of the initial tuning bugs worked out with his tuner, the truck was a blast to drive!

Agjake11

Reaction score
Very cool man. Great review. Seems like the 6.0 market has taken off quite a bit in the past couple months

kdogg85

Reaction score
You may want to lay some money back for tires. Big stix wreak havoc on tires for some reason. I am glad to see the egt's are staying in check with lbz outfit you have. Any mileage deviations, as it sounds you are driving normally vs getting the throttle stuck in the radiator.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Are they flow benched?

These ones are not flow benched. However, he is going to flow test my injectors that I send him to modify and I am going to have 4 of them flow tested by another company to verify the readings. Also I will post the flow info when I get it.

Have you tried any of your other tunes yet?

Not yet. I will go ahead and load up another one tomorrow to see how it drives. This is the third day on the SPD and I have about 140 miles on the new set and again today driving between 70-75 mph on flat ground, boost levels were 4-6psi depending on the grade and EGTs were about 750F unless I went up a long (kind of steep) grade and then they would climb to maybe 830F. This was with the outside air temp at 90*F here in Memphis, TN.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Ok well I decided to load up another tune and give it a try here. I loaded up, for the very time, an IDP tune. I have three of them and decided to start with their Xstreet. It doesnt seem to be as sensitive about the throttle as the SPD did. It idled smooth on my initial startup this morning, however there are somethings that are very different about this tune as compared to any other tune that I have ran before. The SPD does seem to have more low end power than this tune does but it is also a more racier tune where this is a street tune. Ok well before I get into the differences, I will point out that the tranny shifted smooth and I think it is running a little more efficient than the SPD right now. At 70-75 mph with outside temp at 70*F this morning, on flat ground I was seeing about 30F-50F lower EGTs AND about 1 psi less boost. Where both tunes would vary between 4-6psi depending on the grade, the SPD seemed to hang closer to the 6 side of 5psi where this one seemed to gravitate closer to the 4 side of 5 psi. My EGTs held a lot closer to 700F and dropped down into the 670F region a lot more while driving where the SPD held closer to 715-750F.

Ok so now on to the differences. This tune seems to not let the tranny shift into OD under normal acceleration until at least 55 mph so that took a little getting use to. Also when I am driving and let off the accelerator while moving, the truck doesnt really seem to want to lower its rpms all the way but as soon as you come to a complete stop it idles just fine. Again not sure if this is a problem but something of note. Both tunes have the slight jolt when disengaging cruise control and Chris is working to get me a revised tune.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Nate, glad to hear you are enjoying the new injectors. I hope that I (along with some other GPDA members) can come and meet you when you and Adrian go to PHP.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea Matt, looking forward to it. As long as Adrian can make his "Stage 3" (previously known as "Big Boy") turbo work I would think we'll be down in a month if we're lucky.:priest::priest:

windrunner408

Reaction score
Oops forgot. By then I should have a little more mileage on these injectors and some more data from running the various tunes I have and if I can put down some good power, it should be the full package on fully testing these things out.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Ok here is a video of an initial startup after the vehicle sat all weekend followed by some cruising action down the hwy as I head to work.

DISCLAIMER: I dont why but I mention that I am using a stock turbo but in fact I am using a MTW Stage 1 (aka: Dmax LBZ Durastroke) turbo. My tune is IDP's Xstreet written for 190s w/ a STOCK turbo. Also when I say that the outside temp was 65F when in fact was more like 70-73F. Sorry about the mix ups take the video for what it is worth.

Renegade Diesel 190/100 Injectors - YouTube

I have a hard run with the Xstreet tune that I took when I was headed home from work. I will post that tomorrow.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I got my first set of 190s with 100% over nozzles from hypermax yrs ago and been trying to convince people since then that our trucks run better with them

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea man, I have no complaints at all of with these injectors. I wouldnt know why anyone would want to go with anything less. I'll tell ya what kind of stinks for me right now is that I dont have anything to tow. I would love to find me a 10+k load I could hook up too and see how it does and take a video so I could maybe dispell the myth that 190s are hot and smokey.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Ok here is a video of a fairly hard acceleration on one of my test on ramps. I would say that it is about a 1/4 to a 1/3 of a mile long. I dont really know. I gave it about 60% throttle. I have to say, I dont really like doing WOT runs. I guess it's because I'm scared to maybe but I also just dont see the point when I'm not racing anybody or on a dyno. I can tell if a tune or an uprade provides more power with the amount of throttle I gave here. I can say that this Xstreet tune feels a little more powerful than my stock injectors did at roughly WOT it also has a pretty decent amount of more low end torque, which it should but it is not as powerful as the SPD is.

This leads me to the fueling in my tunes. I dont know if the Xstreet is a full fuel tune or not. I presume it is not. I know when I had my SRLX rewritten for these injectors, Matt converted it to two SRL+ tunes. One with full fuel and one with reduced fuel. I have not ran either yet. The SPD is a progressively fueled tune based on boost pressure. Only at WOT/Full boost does it give full fuel for the throttle position.

Renegade Diesel 190-100 Accel and Cruise - YouTube

SamW

Reaction score
Who is building these? I have not heard of renegade diesel... but I really havent been on the forums much in the last year.

Latest posts

Members online