BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Let me start by saying the guys at River City Diesel and Unlimited Diesel Performance have been awesome in helping me out in a pretty stressful time.

My truck decided to strand me in downtown Chicago and being from Ohio I had no idea who to call. I immediately called Nate from UDP in Ohio who made some calls for me and got me connected to the guys down at RCD. It is pretty impressive how close the diesel community is when you need help. The guys down at RCD even contacted the Ford dealer to help me out. Even with my mods they were going to try and warranty it but since I lost compression in Cylinder 2 & 7 and the glowplug was missing they were going to have to send an inspector. Instead of spending money on a stock motor I decided to send it to River City Diesel.

That brings me to the actual build part of this thread. Now I don't usually like to count my chickens before they hatch but when it comes to horsepower and speed I tend to get a little excited. So.... this is what we have planned for my truck.

-2015 Long Block
-Billet Connecting Rods
-H13 Extreme Duty Taper Wall Wrist Pins
-Stage 1 Chromoly Push Rods
-ARP Head Studs
-Elite Diesel Stage 2 Valvetrain
-Balanced Rotating Assembly
-HS Dual Fueler Kit
-Elite Diesel Ported Intake Manifold
-Elite Diesel Turbo Kit
-Garret GT4094 VVT Turbo
-67.8mm Billet Compressor wheel
-Bosch CP4 Injection Pump
-New Injectors
-Elite Diesel Extreme Duty Transmission Upgrade
-One Up Offroad Traction Bars

This is the plan for now but the future might have more in store now that I have a solid platform to build upon. Obviously there are some things that could be improved like the intercooler.

Thats it for now. I will try to keep this thread updated with any progress and I've given Jared and the rest of the guys at RCD permission to post anything they want on here also so it should be a fun build. Jared from RCD has been nothing but good to me and took about 2 hours out of his busy day to show me around the shop and talk to me 1 on 1 about this build. Obviously when you drop this amount of cash on something you want to be treated right and so far I give the guys at RCD a 10/10. Can't wait for this truck to be running again!

:toast:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Sounds like a winner to me! Let me know if you'd be interested in our new CCV kit to compliment the build. Be glad to help

Trevor008

Reaction score
Unfortunate circumstances but way to find the silver lining! Hope this is on the road soon and that you are happy with the outcome. Congrats!

EOSLTD

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome build! Better yet, you've teamed up with some good people/companies to make it happen. You're in good hands!! I'll be following this thread closely as it's fairly close to what I would like to do with my 6.7.. Keep us in the loop! Thanks!!!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Did elite get the tuning dialed for the 4094 turbo yet or is that turbo still a mystery tuner? Worth asking about...

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I think that is only a problem with the 13+ trucks.

Very cool build, Jared was telling me about it when I was talking to him yesterday about how cool of a build it is going to be. Just a suggestion is to trow some OUO ALA's in there for the front while you were at it. Gotta keep the front end planted with all the HP its going to have.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I think that is only a problem with the 13+ trucks.

Very cool build, Jared was telling me about it when I was talking to him yesterday about how cool of a build it is going to be. Just a suggestion is to trow some OUO ALA's in there for the front while you were at it. Gotta keep the front end planted with all the HP its going to have.

Thanks man, definitely excited to get this baby on the road and screaming. I actually already have OUO ALA's paired with my Carli Leveling kit. I'm gonna be adding some OUO Traction Bars when its finished.

Hopefully Jared can finish his truck too and we'll have a couple sick 6.7s running around.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Did elite get the tuning dialed for the 4094 turbo yet or is that turbo still a mystery tuner? Worth asking about...

I believe that is the newer trucks that they're having a hard time tuning the cycles. Mines an early built 12 so it shouldn't have a problem. Jared mentioned that when I talked to him so he probably has some more info for you.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I should of read your sig, you will really like the OUO bars they are great, don't know if I could own another truck making any sort of power with out them.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
cool build ! I have something similar about to hit the streets, just a tad bit more air.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
cool build ! I have something similar about to hit the streets, just a tad bit more air.

Thanks man! I've been following yours, Jareds, and others on here so I'm well aware there are some nasty trucks in progress that will be making some awesome power. Looking forward to seeing everyones builds come together. Mines my daily so we're shooting for 650... but 700 sounds good too :toast:

Reaction score
My truck decided to strand me in downtown Chicago and being from Ohio I had no idea who to call. I immediately called Nate from UDP in Ohio who made some calls for me and got me connected to the guys down at RCD. It is pretty impressive how close the diesel community is when you need help. The guys down at RCD even contacted the Ford dealer to help me out. Even with my mods they were going to try and warranty it but since I lost compression in Cylinder 2 & 7 and the glowplug was missing they were going to have to send an inspector. Instead of spending money on a stock motor I decided to send it to River City Diesel.

So you lost two glow plug tips that caused two cylinders to go down? Ive owned my 6.7 for a year now and I deleted it since day one with 42,000 miles and have 62,000 miles on it now. Just wondering if this is a common issue for these tips to drop as Ive heard about it before. Wondering from some of the shops on here like Morgan and Jared if this is something they see. Congrats on the awesome build though!!! :ford:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.