Running and idle issue.

johnny.mcg.54

Reaction score
I have a new to me late 04 f250 cc and the batteries were bad when I got the truck and replaced the ficm because it was dropping voltage until the truck warmed up . Well after the new ficm the truck ran great and a few days to a week later it developed a strange buzzing/ clatter noise while running. When the truck makes the noise the power drops. I new top the diesel world but I've read tons since this issue and can't for the life of me find someone with said issue. It's hard to explain but I did record a short video with the problem. I have ae for data logging but I must be missing something. Maybe electrical? Any assistance is really much appreciated. I will post the video if I can . Thank you for your time. //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c1a9f7623984/videocompress-024-20181211_153306.mp4

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

johnny.mcg.54

Reaction score
I tried nothing the compressor and no change. I appreciate the help though.

johnny.mcg.54

Reaction score
So when I do a power balance test all injectors drop while the sound is happening then they go back to normal. Also I'm getting tons of odd codes maybe from tugging on the harness trying to find somewhere chafing.
dd2892934b689d4ba91af1e2bacf2b41.jpg

johnny.mcg.54

Reaction score
It has to be electrical right? Or the pcm? When I got the truck it didn't have any codes except the u codes and the only thing I changed was the ficm because of the main power dropping when the truck started , but the truck ran good. I thought it might be the logic side of the ficm so I used the logic side of my old ficm with the power side from the new but nothing changed. Does anyone think it could be the power side of the ficm causing this . Also another thing that I noticed that didn't happen before was that I was trying to data log and then it stopped sending data to the obd2 the truck didn't die or anything but I think that it might be connected. Sorry for the long posts.

johnny.mcg.54

Reaction score
Also the ficm code is from having a58 volt ficm . At least I read that .

johnny.mcg.54

Reaction score
The egr code might be a result of me tugging on the wires with what looks like a bad pigtail install . the icp code is from me unplugging it to see if it would cure the problem . Can a shorting egr valve wire cause this type of running issue?

03_PSD

Reaction score
Did you replace the bad batteries when you replaced the FICM? What's you're alternator voltage while your running. Weak batteries or a bad alternator can cause havoc with these trucks.

johnny.mcg.54

Reaction score
I bought new batteries when I got the truck. champion agm. And I got over 14 when the truck was running. Bummed. I hoping and thinking it's something stupid. Another weird thing is that I lose data while logging with ae . Anything is still up but the numbers read nil. But the trick still runs.

johnny.mcg.54

Reaction score
I know this is really late but it bothers me when people don't dry how they fixed their trucks. So my problem was the fuel pump was failing on me. It was ther only thing I couldn't test. Now I have a new airdog 2 4g and a tamerx fuel pressure gauge.

Latest posts

Members online