Pushrod length?

TRL5115

Reaction score
I'm working on a 2005 6.0, getting ready to do a short block. I've seen some info on the OE pushrods being too long, and that Ford has superseded them to a shorter length. Just wondering if this is something I should change or just go with my OE?

sootie

Reaction score
I'm working on a 2005 6.0, getting ready to do a short block. I've seen some info on the OE pushrods being too long, and that Ford has superseded them to a shorter length. Just wondering if this is something I should change or just go with my OE?

That info has to do with six fours i believe. Go with OEM and you should be fine.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Didn't Ford just start selling the same part number for both engines?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'll check tomorrow. Pretty sure I got an 8C # last time I got a set.

78f100

Reaction score
They are the same part # now. Pretty sure that the only choice at Ford. I have the part number at the shop if someone else doesn't have it. I have 16 on the shelf.

TRL5115

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Just wondering if I should use my OE ones or buy the updated Ford "shorter" ones. And what is the problem with the OE "longer" ones?

78f100

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Just wondering if I should use my OE ones or buy the updated Ford "shorter" ones. And what is the problem with the OE "longer" ones?

If you are using a head that has been machined much beyond 3.74in then you will be wise to use the shorter ones, especially if you go with a non stock cam. If you use new heads or ones with very little taken off the original ones as long as they are straight will be fine.

Latest posts

Members online