Hello all new to this!!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
^What they both said...

Maybe take it where f150orelse recommended. Doesnt seem like this guy knows what hes doing.

Johndeer

Reaction score
I don’t know guys, he already has the cab off what he told me the other day on the phone! But wouldn’t it be if he was trying to take advantage of me he would be telling me to install everything a-z on the truck so he could be getting the labor? The wrecker service guy told me on the way up there that he worked at landers for many years and that he was the head mechanic, the only thing that he had to do was help the other mecanics out when they were puzzled on a vehicle and couldn’t figure it out then he would step in. He is not only a diesel mechanic he works on anything with motors gas, diesel, and propane, he also works on tractors and equipment. I’m going to let him finish it and see how it goes, so many have told me that he is awesome at what he does and has quick turn around time. The thing I like most is he has a clean shop and he does all the work, no shop hands there that look like all they have ever done was take off lawn mower blades. We have local shops and they hire anybody that walks in with knowledge about a wrench, mean while drugs is what they do best. Lol sad to say but I know a few of those guys from years ago friends of friends.

F150orelse

Reaction score
I don’t know guys, he already has the cab off what he told me the other day on the phone! But wouldn’t it be if he was trying to take advantage of me he would be telling me to install everything a-z on the truck so he could be getting the labor? The wrecker service guy told me on the way up there that he worked at landers for many years and that he was the head mechanic, the only thing that he had to do was help the other mecanics out when they were puzzled on a vehicle and couldn’t figure it out then he would step in. He is not only a diesel mechanic he works on anything with motors gas, diesel, and propane, he also works on tractors and equipment. I’m going to let him finish it and see how it goes, so many have told me that he is awesome at what he does and has quick turn around time. The thing I like most is he has a clean shop and he does all the work, no shop hands there that look like all they have ever done was take off lawn mower blades. We have local shops and they hire anybody that walks in with knowledge about a wrench, mean while drugs is what they do best. Lol sad to say but I know a few of those guys from years ago friends of friends.

Nobody is knocking the guys mechanical skills, just his lack in the powerstroke knowledge. Any guy on this site will tell you always go to a shop that specializes in powerstroke’s. He probably doesn’t want to swap injectors out, he just wants to do the engine swap and get you out the door. A good powerstroke mechanic most likely would have given you the option to rebuild your current engine considering if it just had low compression, I think I read you just had it bulletproof? Did that include it being studded or just Egr ******d?

Johndeer

Reaction score
He offered to rebuild the block, and said if he did it, it would only have a one year warranty. He told me that if I wanted to he could get a reman that had a two year warranty. Then he asked me if I wanted him to clean up my old injectors and move them to the new block, or if I wanted to get new injectors to go in the new block since my old injectors had 200k miles on them. I told him I had heard that injectors normally 175k and it was probably about time to put new ones own. And yes sir I did have bullet proofing done everything just about except head studs! I knew about them stretching I just never had the chance to go in there and do it, before it swarmed on me! And the mechanic at J&h diesel advised me to go with the upgraded cooler instead of the ****** kit on my daily driver. When I carried my truck to ( crg diesel and automotive) “on Facebook” he had three power strokes in his shop and 6 outside, so he has worked on them a lot. Thanks for the info on the other shop! Always good to have a back up just in case.

Latest posts