Negative effects to "parking" the truck

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I've recently bought a daily driver so now my truck sits, most times I will get it out every 2 weeks but sometimes it might be 3. Is there anything I should be doing to the fuel or anything else before or after I drive it? Only thing I can think of is draining the fuel separator.

joebuck

Reaction score
In on this as well, I have a daily I drive and so my truck always sits especially this time of year when we’re not camping or going riding as much might sit for 2-3weeks, my last truck was a 01 so was never worried about fuel or really anything else, but sold it recently and bought a ******d 2012 and was wondering the same as I know these fuel systems are very finicky

BK39

Reaction score
I don't do anything special, never had any issues. I put about 3-5,000 miles on my truck a year. it just sits in the garage. Done it with all of them, 02, 08, 13, and now the 17.

old96stroker

Reaction score
Rodents, plan for rodents, especially if it is outside. Sprinkle some red cayenne powder around your engine bay, keeps them out, and make sure the inside is free of ANY food .

Reaction score
My truck sits 90% percent of the time and I use a battery tender to keep batteries charged. Which in turn also gives me a lot more life out of my batteries as well.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Battery tender on it and if it’s going to be sitting for a couple months I’d try to drive it a day or two a month just to keep fluids moving.

04cr450

Reaction score
My "play"trucks including my new 16 sits all winter long.. no battery tender or anything. Now it is kept inside so that does help but never had a concern with flat spots or anything. I used to worry years ago about letting vehicles sit but not anymore, longer it sits the cleaner it will stay lol

T_W6.7

Reaction score
mine sits for at least 2 weeks a month without use, inside, batteries are the only thing I've had trouble with, completely my fault, headlights have a constant draw wireless router that will drain them if I leave it plugged in when I leave for work. Will probably buy some odyssey's or put them on a tender. I let mine idle for quite a while and drive slow when bringing out of after sitting for quite a while, have LE fluids all around, so hopefully everything is protected sufficiently, also treat fuel every fill up and store with a full tank, all fairly cheap insurance in my opinion to protect very expensive components.

Latest posts

Members online