Asheville Engine Rebuilders?

oconnors17

Reaction score
I live in Des Moines Ia. 3 years ago I got a jasper long block come to find out now its all junk so Im in the market again. Im looking for a good base to build a 800 whp motor.

Snake

Reaction score
I know a guy who installed one from Blackwater a couple of weeks ago and was happy with what he received.

Blackwater Engines is also known as Tidewater Engines and they're out of VA.

oconnors17

Reaction score
I have thought of a good used motor but I would have to tear it completely down and redo everything since Im trying to make 800 whp. The next thing is where to you find a good used 6.0 because there would be no way to tell if the bottom end is good or junk unless I tore it down.

01PSD

Reaction score
There's a company from western NC who has a FB page titled "Ford Powerstroke Remanufactured". That may be who you're referring to. If so, they've done a $hit ton of rebuilds. I know they've done some for Power Stroke Enginuities

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
There are a few good places, we use J&K engines out of Tennasee i beleive. We delt with them when they were pretty new, took a shot. Truck has over 40K on the short block we got from them. Price was great, Jack was good to deal with, and product was great. Actually getting another block from them shortly.

01PSD

Reaction score
Just looked into it, and yes Asheville Engine Rebuilders is the same place I was talking about haha. I haven't heard anything bad about them, and like I said before I think Power Stroke Enginuities has dealt with them. Maybe shoot them a message.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
Buddy of mine has 6.0 complete with rod knock sure he sell you. Motor has already be remove from truck and replaced.

mikes02ls1

Reaction score
Any bad reviews yet on Asheville engine rebuilders? Looking for one to handle 550 rwhp on a 7.3.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Any bad reviews yet on Asheville engine rebuilders? Looking for one to handle 550 rwhp on a 7.3.

It's an old thread about 6.0 but IMO it would be a total waste of money to get a complete rebuilt engine to hold only 550hp. Any descent tuning with a forged rod long block with the "normal" upgrades will work. IMO. You can PM if intestereted in something ready to drop in.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It's an old thread about 6.0 but IMO it would be a total waste of money to get a complete rebuilt engine to hold only 550hp. Any descent tuning with a forged rod long block with the "normal" upgrades will work. IMO. You can PM if intestereted in something ready to drop in.
why not? just got my 7.3 completely built to hold 450hp... lol

live life full throttle

markdeespot

Reaction score
I've called them a couple of times and yet no reply makes me wonder how there warranty would go if in need to reach them...

Zmann

Reaction score
interesting
keep us posted I do see them sponsor on a few Forums

I would likely go that route since I have heard good things but their bragging about the performance level 30 over leaves me a tad skeptical

but their reputation seems decent minus one complaint that seemed to make the rounds
and they pretty much dispelled any truth to

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.